MiniTorque.com banner

581 - 600 of 949 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #582
Thanks, I do this stuff for a living so I ought to know a bit about it... :lol: The GoPro shot was done with an external mic! :)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #584
It doesn't get used so much anymore, so I'm still using a Hero 2 (with a fake Sony ECM-DS70P). The rest of the video was shot with a Panasonic GH4 and RØDE NTG-2 mic... :)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #585
So I stumbled upon this barnfind...

"MY PRECIOUS!!!"

I was in the vicinity for work stuff, so popped in at my favorite MINI-shop. Finally dropped of the parts I collected and went over the plans with my mechanic, so hopefully 2015 will be a good year for this fun little vehicle... :D

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #587
Let's see, as far as I can remember (it's been a while): new topmounts, GP2 rear seat delete, rear strut brace, black FL headliner, Cobra Suzuka drivers seat, Newman cam, 380cc injectors, OBX manifold, R56-exhaust, Aero skirts, rear GP trim.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #590
Beginning of that "rest", R56S exhaust with some more sound effects... always thought the Playmini to be too quiet for my taste:

(please excuse the vertical video, wasn't shot by me)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #592
Nope, stock manifold for now, exhaust had to be done as my Cooper-Playmini went on someone else's MINI... :)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #593
Got a new (well, used) set of Orranje GP inserts, after I originally lost one of mine shortly after installing. Will have my mechanic/painter stick them onto the bumper this time... :lol:

In other news: found a original bodykit for the Volvo, and had it painted/installed:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #595
Fresh updates... :cool:

Newman PH2 camshaft (250/400) fitted:

Just as the OBX-header and JCW 380cc-injectors:

Fresh rubber intercooler boots, to replace the silicone ones that are prone to leaking:

And a set of increasingly harder to find GP-trim! :thumbup1:

Game of Thrones:

The sidemounts that came with the Cobra Suzuka don't fit the MINI-rails easily, so some tinkering is required... Or I'll try to find a set of Corbeau mounts, those seem to do the trick.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
That volvo looks good bro!

The cooper's add ons look sweet too! How's it feel now with the extra oomph in the new seat?

581 - 600 of 949 Posts