MiniTorque.com banner

41 - 60 of 949 Posts

·
GP0064
115 Posts
I used those small dot stickers that you can use to mark study books and stuff:

And idd rattle can, satin black from Motip. The silver ring on the airbag was wrapped black by the previous owner.
I need myself some of those stickers ;) I'm not planning to delete the carkit buttons though, I'll need those. ;)

And now I know where you got the bag from :p He'll probably help me vynil my airbag too :)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
It took a while to get everything together for the steering wheel, but managed to score all parts from the Dutch Mini-forum, apart from the steering wheel itself, that I got from a German dealer.

#0 old situation

#1 disconnected battery

#2 old steering wheel without airbag

#3 old airbag

#4 no steering wheel

#5 difference old/new

#6 new steering wheel without airbag

#7 and complete

#10 working backlight, no error messages, radio/cruise/horn works, didn't test the airbag

Now let's get some work done on the rest of the interior... :cool:

·
BRG R53 Cooper S
2,617 Posts
Nice, makes such a difference to the drive of the car! The 2 spoke is like a boat steering wheel

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
All i need to do/find out how to, remove my facelift steering wheel? I think i have to stick a screwdriver in the side of it and push and wiggle??? LOL! Have you got any idea mate...having just fitted the facelift jcw wheel :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks! The two spoke wheel is really ugly IMHO. Feels cheap too, and I didn't even have the cheapest option, this is the option 240 'leather' steeringwheel...

All i need to do/find out how to, remove my facelift steering wheel? I think i have to stick a screwdriver in the side of it and push and wiggle??? LOL! Have you got any idea mate...having just fitted the facelift jcw wheel :thumbup:
I didn't have to do that, the prefacelift-wheel is fitted in a different way. Have a look at the springs on your new steering wheel and take a good look at video's like this:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Fitted (in Alcantara with silver grey stitching):
- handbrake gaiter
- shift gaiter
- downtubes
- a-pillars

Also fitted
- GP gauge faces
- chrome trim on rev counter/speedo

To do:
- door panels (waiting for the handles to return)
- dash top

Some pics:

Halfway There by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

Halfway There by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Coming along very nicely now mate! I really like the GP dial faces, good touch.

my wheel and parts have arrived too...can't wait to get it all in this weekend!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Thanks! :)

I just got a good deal on a set of facelift-xenons and want to fit Cooper-S-bumpers/-skirts. I'm also thinking about making a trip to 1320 to have them fit a Getrag 6-speed. Not economically reasonable (what is when modding?), but the fear of blowing the Midlands is holding me back from fully enjoying driving it. The cost from having them do the 6-speed-swap is comparable to having the Midlands overhauled over here. Figured I'd do it right so I'd do it once.

Hope to sort that out before summer though, so I can concentrate on wheels/seats by then! :D

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I stumbled upon some of my flashes, so I decided to put them to good use:

Since I started making videos for a living, I hardly do any photography...

Not a lot of news, I had the oil changed and a fellow Dutch NewMiniClub-member got some Aero-parts for his Cooper S, so I'll be fitting his stock parts (i.e. side skirts). Also got a JCW Sparco drivers seat, though I havn't fitted it yet.

41 - 60 of 949 Posts