MiniTorque.com banner

401 - 420 of 949 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
Went to my favorite MINI-place (Auto Spenkelink in Enschede) for some small jobs and the annual MOT (that was uneventful)... :)

Started with the flat undertrays like the GP has. A (small) aerodynamic improvement, but mainly to protect the underside of the car, including the brake and fuel lines. Here one is fitted temporarily:

Halfway Done by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

These are intended for a R56 (and a lot cheaper with that), so they needed a slight modification:

Cutting by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

Some clearance is needed for the subframe:

Used a couple original mounting points, fitted the rest with small self tapping screws. Also used the original brackets in the rear:

Bracket by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

Result:

Result by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

Result by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

Fitted the Powerflex bushings inside of the original bushing of the lower engine mount:

Powerflex Insert by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

Hardly any extra vibration, but shift feels a lot better because the engine moves less. Feels weird, but it's a lot easier to drive smooth now:

I had a slight noise/vibrations coming from the back of the car. I thought it was the boot lid, but it turned out to be the exhaust. Upon closer inspection we noticed that one of the exhaust hangers was torn, so we replaced both:

Exhaust Hanger by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

All in all a nice day... :cool:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
A quick test on closed roads (yeah right) revealed that it gets up to 125 a little quicker now, so aerodynamics seem to have improved... :lol:

401 - 420 of 949 Posts