·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Finally had the heater fixed, took them a week and €852.47, but the car came back cleaner (and warmer) than ever! :D

Decided to start modding straight away... :cool:

Finally fitted the "oddments tray" I've had for a while:

Before:

After:

Difference:

My g/f got me a JCW carbon/alcantara shift knob. I'm still looking for the alcantara gaiters, but figured I might as well give it a try:

I'm loving it. I can understand that it's not for everyone, but it fits my hand perfect in the way I prefer to hold my knob... :p

Bought a ScanGauge II to analyse my heating problems, figured I might as well give a more permanent spot in the car:

Overview of the interior as it sits now:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The ScanGauge is idd velcro'd on, bought some Tesa-velcro, holds on just fine. At first I had put it on the dash (hence used the original 3M velcro), but deemed that location too much of a risk for theft:

I looked it up, shipping is €8.50, I think you can almost get the part new for that price... :D

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm using it mainly to see when the coolant is up to temp and to casually monitor the battery and intake temps... No forced induction on the Cooper, so can't watch that.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It's actually a temporary solution (g/f wanted to practice on cheap material before getting Alcantara). Here's another snapshot:

Some other stuff I'm working on:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Got my JCW handbrake grip in carbon/alcantara in the mail today:

Fitted:

Not really convinced by how it's just hold in place by glue, but we'll see how that goes. Oh, in case you can't get the stock grip of (like me), here's the trick:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice hoop and great addition to your interior...Did you spray the MF button's black? that looks sweet...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks! I also ordered 3 meters of genuine Alcantara fabric from Germany, to cover the armrests, downtubes, dashtop and A-, B- and C-pillars. I'm tempted to do the headliner in the same plaid fabric as the gaiters, since 'just black' appears to be getting common... :D

Nice hoop and great addition to your interior...Did you spray the MF button's black? that looks sweet...
Sprayed them black and got rid of the phone-buttons...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I used those small dot stickers that you can use to mark study books and stuff:

And idd rattle can, satin black from Motip. The silver ring on the airbag was wrapped black by the previous owner.

R56 won't fit ;)

Knowing Martijn, he bought himself the R53 parts
Correct... :)

21 - 40 of 949 Posts