MiniTorque.com banner

241 - 260 of 949 Posts

·
a.k.a Steve
132 Posts
Thanks. Don't know whether to play it safe with 13mm ones or just go bugger or bust with the 15mm ones. Sorry to hi-jack your thread.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
Retorqued the wheels yesterday after driving a couple hundred miles. All seemed to be fine, but the slight shimmy at 40-50mph seems to be gone. Good stuff. :)

In other news:
- still havn't received more pics from the shoot above
- still havn't received my Goodridge brake lines, though the Ebay-seller is really helpful and sent me another set
- just ordered 60mm studs and nuts from RallyDesign to do a stud conversion, bolts are getting annoying and I'm planning to have my wheels off and on even more in the future, will get some Muteki SR48's after winter

·
Jason
2,542 Posts
I've read mixed feedback about the Muteki's across the internets. You've got some people saying the paint was chipped while in the packaging and some swearing blind that they've had them for 2 years and they're still pristine. If I buy Muteki's again I'll spend some time trying to make a key that won't ruin them.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Thx guys, I'll do some more research before I order some, I just got the plain functional ones from Rally Design for now. :)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
It was somewhat decent weather today, so finally fitted my stud conversion.

Stud Conversion by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

Thoroughly cleaned all the threads and used red Loctite (271). Seems to hold up good, but I might have them spotwelded in the future if that shouldn't be sufficient enough:

Easier wheel mounting FTW:

Enough thread sticking out to have the option of fitting spacers:

Removed the front spacers as well, 7,5J ET20 is just a little too much to my liking with 205/40-17:

241 - 260 of 949 Posts