MiniTorque.com banner

201 - 220 of 949 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Had a busy week, but it was worth it... Went to Maranello to film the new F12berlinetta, followed by the great event DUMPd:

After that I jumped in the car with my g/f on sunday, and drove to Munich. Got up to an indicated 220+ on a downhill section:

Topspeed Run by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

Long stretches at 180-200 resulted in some more of this:

Filling Up by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

Less earthquaky pic with a little less speed:

Topspeed Run by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

Drove around Munich on a rented bicycle and mainly consumed lots of Weissbier and Bavarian food... :D

Had a nice parking spot behind the hotel, with this view from our balcony:

Parking by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

Parking by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

Also hit some mountain road south of Munich, like the "Tatzlwurm", where I'd been for work 3 times before, but now drove it myself:

Tatzlwurm by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

Tatzlwurm by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

At the Südenfeldpass, with a lovely view over the Alps:

German Alps by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

German Alps by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

Also hit the Kesselbergstrasse, a legend with German bikers (so much that they aren't allowed on that road in weekends). Had fun chasing some locals... :laugh:

Kesselbergstrasse by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

Stayed in Düsseldorf on our way back, not that special IMHO, though we were close to the Königsallee.

The hotel had a private garage with fancy lifts:

Lift Parking by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
The road are very nice over there, and generally in very good condition. Some stretches can be quite busy though...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Thanks! Wish we'd had a bit more time to spend, but that'll have to come another time. It was the first longer trip since I got the car, and it sure made us lust for more! :) It's still running the Midland, but I hope to swap it for a facelift Getrag-6. Though recently I've come to think that I might as well go for an engine swap as well if I go through all that trouble... :)

For now I've ordered some Goodridge braided brake hoses and ATE Racing Blue fluid...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
The plan was to pick up my freshly powdercoated wheels and swap my tires onto them. Also the rear camber has to be adjusted for them a bit. However, the weather is terrible over here, I don't feel so well and my father in law has food poisoning. So I'm just picking the wheels up tonight and will swap the tires somewhere next week or so.

However, here are some pics from my test fitting a couple of weeks ago:

P8240649_1600 by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

P8240650_1600 by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

P8240645_1600 by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

They're Borbet A's from 1991 in rare 17x7.5 ET35 4x100 spec. Old paint, no spacers and crappy tires in these pics.

As you can see there's some room, so I plan on fitting them with my 15mm spacers (hence the need to adjust the camber a little in the rear). I'm gonna run them without the center caps, as I like the shape better this way. I have some Borbet-logos to put in the center holes, but they don't fit currently.

Wheels were coated in stock silver, with a little more gloss. I photoshopped a lot of different colors, but thought this would look best... :)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Thanks guys! Just picked them up, color came out great, the powdercoat-guy was real proud of em... :D Will take some pics of the color tomorrow in daylight.

201 - 220 of 949 Posts