MiniTorque.com banner

181 - 200 of 949 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Thanks guys, I'm really happy with how the looks came out after gathering parts and wrenching around all this time... :)

Looks great.

How are your photos so sharp? Mega expensive camera, or just a tri-pod and some photoshopping?
I'm a photo-/video-guy for a living (mostly video nowadays), so I know my way around cameras and post processing. Most pics here were shot with my Olympus PEN, carrying my dSLR's around feels too much like working... :D

This is it:

·
Vroom Vroom Pop Pop
1,731 Posts
Loving this car soo glad the black fog surrounds have gone car is looking good. Cant be much more left to do to the exterior can there?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #186

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Also took a couple of rigshots, been a while since I did those... :cool:

MINI Cooper Rigshot by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

MINI Cooper Rigshot by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

In case anyone asks: mount a rig to the car with suction cups, drive slowly and remove the rig from the picture in Photoshop. See for much better examples https://www.facebook.com/AutomotiveRigPro. Some of my shots from the past: Rigshots - a set on Flickr

And for the people sceptical about removing the rear wiper, here's a small video with Rain-X:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Differs, old shots on previous page with Canon 7D, new shots with 5DII and Canon 100L, shots on this page with Canon 600D and Tokina 11-16. Most other shots with Olympus PEN + Panasonic 20/1.7 or Olympus 45/1.8. Mostly depens if I plan a shoot or just take a camera with me 'in case'... :)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Spot the mod... :sad:

GP Insert -1 by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

Car was parked in the sun all day last sunday, on the hottest day ever over here. Only remains were some glue/sikaflex and a burn mark on my exhaust... Took the second insert of as well and cleaned the glue remains:

GP Insert -2 by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
I guess it fell out in the heat, there wasn't a lot of contact surface for the glue. I also didn't want to overdo it on the glue front, as it was already showing from the front side. If I ever decide to get new inserts, I'll either have a body shop glue them in or go with genuine GP-items that are screwed from behind...

·
Jason
2,542 Posts
Mine were stuck to metal grilles that fitted to fill the gaps. Btw I'd like to say how much I like your Mini. I could've posted that after every mod you've done but I didn't want to flood your thread with a praise overload. I think I've gone overboard with this one post alone.

181 - 200 of 949 Posts