MiniTorque.com banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Here's a screenshot of the recently deleted NewTIS premium timing chain replacement procedure, showing measurements of the locking tool gaps.

However, you shouldn't be worried about the first couple minutes of cold engine performance. The ECU isn't happy until coolant has reached a minimum temperature. Can't remember the details, but right after my first tune, one of the temp overrides was overlooked and I threw a code if I got on it before this minimum temperature.

Personal opinion --- cold engines shouldn't be driven hard, or stressed enough to notice "bad" performance. If it cold-starts normally and drives OK after heating up, live with it.

Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle brake

Reactions: GC1980

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·

Thanks Rpm is very no stable at cold , I don t understand I doublechecked the chain position , is ok

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
Hello

I re re rechecked the timing
No visual defect for understand the bad idle at cold

I changed solenoid vanos , turbo, canister without good results

0.95mm free play

Do you have an hypothesis

For the reassembly I wait the catcams 603

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
If it's not engine timing or compression you'll need to start looking at fuel and spark. Some decent diagnostics kit with live data should help narrow it down.

I would start looking at obvious things like alternator output and fuel rail pressure first then look for any reasons why the ECU might be cutting fuel due to detecting an issue. I would then look at fuel correction on all cylinders to see if there's one looking very different. Start with that and see what you find...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
So i have seen a few things cause bad colds starts. the most obvious is the high pressure pump may be faulty. can your scanner monitor rail pressure?. do the plugs look fouled at all? One other item that is constantly over looked is a faulty coolant temp sensor misreading which cause hard starts. the waste gate thing is odd though. Out lier could be a faulty head gasket sealing. when you turn off the hot engine, a little bit of coolant squirts into the cylinder as it cools causing a misfire at cold start until it clears out.
pretty awesome build though!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Hello
I made a measure with the old soft ( Manic stage 3 for k03 hybrid , 1b55)

Next step in progress : Aac by Boubis Cams

I think I will have the Aac next week

I ordered the components for the exhaust

My tuner will make the exhaust + injector assembly + soft adapted at my new configuration

·
Registered
156 Posts
Let me suggest you protect your new ICE Pipe with something like this hose clamp. After a few hard accelerations, vibration will eat a hole in the aluminum. Steel hose clamp is inexpensive and easy to install.

Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Automotive air manifold

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 · (Edited)
Hello

I modify the position of the pipe : it s ok now

Jeremiah sended me a picture of his low pressure fuel pump

I received the 450lh Walbro pump

I started the installation

I wait 2 component for end

Pump characteristics : 270 / 320lh at 4.8b (12 / 13.5v) , 170lh for the stock pump

I installed the JCW boost sensor

Last curve below with the old Manic soft , the tuner will make the soft at the end of September ( + install GM injector + 76mm exhaust line )

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Hello
I m happy , good accélération with the last component ( jcw boost sensor , Walbro pump)

I made a comparison between aac stock VS Boubis aac + Walbro + aluminum intake pipe

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
With AAC , tank pump , intake pipe OEM

With Boubis AAC , Walbro 450lh pump , alu intake pipe

Comparison

I wait the end of September.....

61 - 80 of 81 Posts