MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
Yeah I agree James, for me steering is single biggest thing, Iv been spoilt with few cars Iv owned, Tyre R - appalling steering, R26 - souless engine, XR3i, VTS, XR2, GTIs to name some, some members on here will have to google XR2 lol, or mostly been able to drive M3, Integrales, RS4, S4, Caterham, RML GT40 and none can touch the Mini for it (except the Integrales, Caterham and GT40 but I couldnt afford these).
To summerise, fucking love Minis.

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,629 Posts
Should have never sold my r53, ....:nopity:

the f56SD ticks so many sensible boxes as the family car, but fun ain't one
I have some kw coilovers, camber bushes etc all ready to go but cannot get enough enthusiasm to get it all fitted

The JCW roadster project is 65% built to where I need it to be,
I'll know this summer if it's been worth all the effort
My aim is more GT than Gp so still a sleeper
But with as least as much or more poke than my last project :thumbup:

Be good to share some track time this summer with a Gp2 on same tyres...:tongue_smilie:

·
Bugger
25,314 Posts
Couldn't of said it better myself, only wished I realised this before I sold my R53 for the E92 m3, but hey you live from your mistakes!
On another note I've dug out those mirror covers for you and will try and get them sent this week!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I wish I hadn't removed the engine while 10 sheets to the wind on gin... Only took 7 years a Carl and a Jason to fix my folly. Also Cheers old chap.

Yeah I agree James, for me steering is single biggest thing, Iv been spoilt with few cars Iv owned, Tyre R - appalling steering, R26 - souless engine, XR3i, VTS, XR2, GTIs to name some, some members on here will have to google XR2 lol, or mostly been able to drive M3, Integrales, RS4, S4, Caterham, RML GT40 and none can touch the Mini for it (except the Integrales, Caterham and GT40 but I couldnt afford these).
To summerise, fucking love Minis.
I like small hot hatches, I did always wonder what I would own without a mini. The Golfs' R26 etc are all too big for what I would call a fun car. I loved my Alfa 145 but compared to the mini it was a pain in the ass to work and parts were hard to get and there wasn't really a modification scene in the way we have. I've always liked the idea of an E30 M3 however the costs / keeping it running would be off putting esp next to building a Cayman or 996.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Should have never sold my r53, ....:nopity:

the f56SD ticks so many sensible boxes as the family car, but fun ain't one
I have some kw coilovers, camber bushes etc all ready to go but cannot get enough enthusiasm to get it all fitted

The JCW roadster project is 65% built to where I need it to be,
I'll know this summer if it's been worth all the effort
My aim is more GT than Gp so still a sleeper
But with as least as much or more poke than my last project

Be good to share some track time this summer with a Gp2 on same tyres...:tongue_smilie:
What tyres have you got?

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,629 Posts
What tyres have you got?

Ado8r 215/45/17 lightly scrubbed in via Bedford/Silverstone for 30 minutes

and about 2k road miles :thumbup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ah I've got either pilot sports 4s, cup 2s or r888rs.....

Im thinking of going for Cup 2s next. What are your thoughts on them and how do they compare to the R888R (I currently have these)?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Im thinking of going for Cup 2s next. What are your thoughts on them and how do they compare to the R888R (I currently have these)?
Tbh I bought them a few weeks back and haven't fitted them yet, I really like R888rs and wouldn't of changed them but got the cup 2s and a mental price so couldn't say no! Lol I'll let you know once they are fitted and it warms up a bit

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Had a set of Cup 2s fitted today, and the first thing I noticed was how quiet they are!

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
If I could join the love-in for a moment, there's no way that I'm getting rid of my old R53 (I've had it since 2007 and it's not broken yet, just needs a new clutch and diff). And we're not getting rid of the GP2 either; EB loves that car too, and it's got its own pile of parts waiting to go on. Whiteline rARB and RCAs go on next.

On the track together at Knutstorp:

20729407_1308237665953935_1755898403889096501_n.jpg

·
Bugger
25,314 Posts
If I could join the love-in for a moment, there's no way that I'm getting rid of my old R53 (I've had it since 2007 and it's not broken yet, just needs a new clutch and diff). And we're not getting rid of the GP2 either; EB loves that car too, and it's got its own pile of parts waiting to go on. Whiteline rARB and RCAs go on next.

On the track together at Knutstorp:
I'm not looking forward to the next few months, clutch, both main seals, total rear brake rebuild, engine damper and supercharger and I think crank shells are all in line for a re-do.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
Ouch. We need to budget for the installation of the clutch, pressure plate, fly, diff, seal, bolts, oils etc. No change from 1000eur in this part of the world.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
The GP is up on Pistonheads. Lets see if it gathers any interest.

Kind of hoping it doest lol.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts