MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Baguette
2,168 Posts
The MTGF trip to Estonia's only(?) motorsport venue was great success! (add Borat meme here) Great track to drive, great time was had, great amount of mosquitos were killed, and good food and drinks were consumed. The only technical DNF was when DoubleP's radiator end tank hose connection thing started leaking, which luckily didn't prevent the car from being driven home. And there was some minor issues, such as the CV boot and control arm joint on tcbw's BRB. We held our own quite nicely in the midst of all those over-powered quattro barges. I will hopefully have some in-car footage uploaded soon, but here's a snapshot or three from the trip.

· Baguette
2,168 Posts
Love the hairdressing sticker 😂
Me too. Courtesy of tbcw 😄

Too bad the FWD versions of the quattro gecko stickers didn't arrive in time for our trip...

Some small tweaks here and there needed but it’s not far from being done.
The jokes never end 😂

· Baguette
2,168 Posts
Micke was really at it on the track. I think there was only about two tenths between us two, but corner and straight speeds were quite different... comparing our Racechrono logs Micke was 7-8km/h faster in every corner (minimum speed), but I could close the gap on the straights. Except on the one after the fast left hand sweeper, my lack of confidence in the PS4's really shined there.

The obvious differences are that Micke was on semi-slicks and I have slightly more power, but would be interesting to compare our logs in more detail, especially corner exit speeds.

· Baguette
2,168 Posts
It was a great event, even though my Fucken Mini melted a spark plug in cyl #1 (and by the looks of it something else too... already bought an engine stand for the next step) the other day, and I had to attend with the Exclusive WRC Xsara. Teaches me not to do high speed races on the highw... on my private road. I'm suspecting a faulty injector was the root cause. I did take the Xsara on a few laps on the track day, it did a 2:06, which is about half a minute slower than my PB with the R53. @DTR was really on fire on the track. He just needs to perfect a couple of corners and he'll easily beat my PB, with way less horses under the hood.

The go-karting was fun, many thanks to Micke for arranging the race! The track was underground in one of the gazillion cold-war-era nuclear shelters we have built here in Finland for obvious reasons. Noise from the engines was nicely amplified by the rock walls, and the lovely smell of gasoline certainly did not flatten the mood. The race itself was a bit boring, me being so much faster than rest of the field. But what can you do. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts