MiniTorque.com banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,712 Posts
Hej Björn, I'm sure you'll be welcome if the borders are open! Sadly I can't make it this year becausereasons so you lot will have to find your own cook. You'll do well if you exceed last year's 4am final ease down through the gears to a halt.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,712 Posts
On Saturday 15 August, @DoubleP, @JKo and me made it to Alastaro for a damp track day with the BMW Club. DoubleP brought a co-driver with his own bucket and 5 point harness (DoubleP junior, aged 3, almost 4) and I brought a full pit team and a spare car. As soon as we got there, the lads did a pit stop (ie they swapped out the Continental wets for the Federal intermediates) and both JKo and I took them out for passenger rides. I also got a drive in the Drunken Master, and really liked the set up, and that thing really pulls - truly excellent for an engine with 239k on it. Much appreciated JKo! I didn't spin the DM, but I did a 180 in BRB because too aggressive on turn in. Ah.

Since my boy and my nephew have both just got their driving licenses, I went out with them too - their first time driving on the track, and they really seemed to thrive on it, taking the car to the red line, the sweepers at 120kmh (not so easy from the passenger seat!), so a really special day all round!

We also all went out in the spare car too - it was very quiet due to the conditions - and it was fun to see JKo behind the wheel, banging in the full throttle gear changes with bang and every thing turned up to 11; he's a good helmswright, on that side of things.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
It was a pretty great day at Alastaro circuit, although it was raining about half of the time. Even in the rain you don't really get standing water at Alastaro, and when the rain stops it dries out very quickly. AD08R's worked pretty good in those conditions. Couldn't really chase laptimes, but had good fun with my new suspension setup. The thing really turns now. Rear tyres are older and more worn than the fronts though, and that was probably what gave it a bit of snappiness at times. Need to swap them over and see what happens.

I have tcbw's nephew's drive on my camera, as I was chasing you guys for about a lap. Need to cut out the boring bits and share it. He was really going for it on the fast sweepers!

The drive in tcbw's rear engined spare car was really the highlight of the day. I didn't quite dare to really test it's braking abilities, but the way it devoured corners and then left them behind just made me want to giggle. Quite a machine that. Thanks for the opportunity!

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,712 Posts
Looks like you might have some decent weather for Ahvenisto on Saturday... ?!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts