MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well, the Swedes have just had to cancel the annual meeting / track day at Knutstorp in early July. Let's see what's left of the season. We may need to eat a lot of BBQ instead...

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Some good news: the Bimmer Tuning Club Finland is running the first Corona-compatible trackday at Alastaro on Sunday 7th June!

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Alastaro is much a nicer track now that it's smoother, and somehow wrigglier in the second half (with the new last corner at Kahvi), but to take the sweepers T4 and T6 flat still requires precision, absolute dedication to the cause and immense ballage. And then, if you do happen to get T6 right and you're revelling in a corner well taken, you're suddenly coming into T7 at 150 and far too hot.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It's only going to be more scary. It's all I can do not to lift at T4, holding a steady throttle from turn in at best. The track doesn't seem wide enough at the exit...

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So, we were all up at Alastaro on Sunday for the season opener: how did it go for you?

As for me, I need more brakes, or more probably fresh discs and pads up front. I think the brake balance was out as I have new Brembo discs and AX6 pads on the rear. And maybe a new master cylinder would be a good idea (DoubleP, I think we have the same issue?). There just isn't enough braking power (especially at T1, T5, T7), and I had to brake really early.

My second session was pretty good fun and I had some clear track until I came up behind 'Drift King' and it was a question of which way is he going to go - at T5 especially he was all over the place. More exuberance/not so much discipline this time around.

·
#R53orGTFO
360 Posts
A pic of the bunch in the pits (starting from the left tcbw, JKo, DoubleP, DTR and me)

It was nice to get on the track after replacing the ARB. Wish I could have done more laps but at some point I just lost the brakes and the street Conti's leave much to wish for. For the next time I'll be rocking another set of tires.

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
It was good fun at the track, although the car had it's issues. Just needs brake fluid replaced and a new fpr or a new fuel pump...

This was the track day I wasn't supposed to be at, as I had a ferry ticket to Germany for June 2nd (trip to IMM, Alps and Nordschleife), but that got postponed indefinitely due to you-all-know-what.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Tomorrow, we have the season-ender, the annual autumnal at Ahvenisto with the Mini Club Flying Finns, consisting of track time, bit of shopping, sauna, Lonkero, and BBQ by the lake.

This season has frankly not gone well, and we've lost DoubleP to the pressures of work, we've lost DTR to a complete lack of new coilover action (although they have apparently now arrived), so it's a modest turnout from MTGF.

Actually it's a very modest turnout, as Micke's daily is now consuming crank pulley (by the smell of it), and my car needs brakes (the K Sport calipers need new pad sliders...), so in fact the only healthy car (TBC) is JKo's JCW.

My 'weapon of choice' will be an R56 (albeit in GP2 flavour) but we'll have to see how far I get on Cup2s or Toyo CF5s.

And it doesn't look like the weather will be too good. Ah, well, we'll drink Lonkeros and tell tall tales of terrible track times.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
DoubleP and DTR are still rocking the 53s, they haven't gone up to the great trrackday in the sky, it's just can't make this event. I shouldn't post with a couple of Long Drinks in my belly.

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Actually it's a very modest turnout, as Micke's daily is now consuming crank pulley (by the smell of it), and my car needs brakes (the K Sport calipers need new pad sliders...), so in fact the only healthy car (TBC) is JKo's JCW.
It was fairly healthy, but that lasted only about 5 laps until the s/c belt snapped. And after we got the new one in (thanks again Tim & Micke for the help!) it got a bit too wet to go out and have fun.

And it doesn't look like the weather will be too good. Ah, well, we'll drink Lonkeros and tell tall tales of terrible track times.
That plan worked a bit too well, all the way to 4am 😄

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Jussi's aux belt / pit lane repair. All we needed was the low jack, a 16mm socket and an 18" pry bar (freshly sourced from Motonet)...
119231129_10158148582918891_5439346300389887724_n.jpg

21 - 40 of 45 Posts