MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for the Finnish boys, and any guests from abroad (you're always welcome). It got cold already, the season ended with a damp track day at Ahvenisto and a warm sauna, and we're about to stash our cars for the winter or put them onto winter tyres.

This year we've taken it to the track at Alastaro (with the BMW guys from BTCF), Ahvenisto (BTCF, Mini guys MCFF) and Knutstorp (Swedish gang from NMCS), we've had some garage days (and nights) and a couple of cars-n-coffees. Plus a couple of hangovers.

So now thoughts turn to next year.

So far, I can see a BTCF event at Alastaro on 7th June 2020, I can envisage another run with the Swedes in July or August, and we might get really ambitious and book our own day at the Auto24Ring near Parnu in Estonia. It's close enough and probably cheap enough for us to put it together. And any time we get to drive on a new track is a good time.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
This year was pretty good for MTGF!

I'm off to Germany on 2nd of June, and probably working on a massive hangover on the 7th, so can't make it to Alastaro. The International Mini Meeting takes place June 4. - 8. in Bamberg, and after that I'm planning to head south and hit some fine alpine roads in Austria, Italy and Switzerland before heading back up north to Nordschleife. So I'm hoping for a BTCF event in May to do a shake down after the winter of fixes and upgrades...

With that trip and the (hopefully) coming NMCS event in Sweden I'm not sure if I'm able to take part in the Auto 24 Ring adventure. But let's see.

·
#R53orGTFO
318 Posts
This year was good, let's try to make next year as good as this or even better. For next year I need some vacation so the calendar is open. Swedish trip is a must, Auto 24 Ring in Estonia would also be great. I saw that you can drive on the track freely when there is nothing booked, like Ahvenisto. So we'll have to see how much can be planned there. 1 option could be to leave for example on Friday in the evening, sleep on the ferry and next morning drive to the track and get back during the evening. Much driving for 1 day but that's only 1 option :) But we'll probably have some talks about this during the winter ;)

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pikkujoulu 2019 / planning session? You can bring your Hondas

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good... are you thinking mökki or some remote location near the south coast?
Count me in. And I'll bring the Type R so you boys can see how a normal engine revs :sneaky:
How do we feel? Mökki is always available, but a long way for DoubleP maybe (only 2 hours from the stadi). Somerö is aso doable (2 hours for JKo), except that I now have anoppi ... and a bunch of revheads might not be too popular.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello and welcome to Finland 2020.

We are planning an MTGF planning session at mökki on the weekend of 28-29 March. Micke has already bought the Lonkero. And there is some leftover vodka that he didn't manage to Polish off last time (pun intended). And I nearlg forgot, the Inaugural MTGF Karting Cup at Tampere kartdrome. I won't win, too many fat (just so I can get my excuse in early)..

It doesn't look like anyone's interested in the special stages at Saukkola with Mini Club Flying Finns, but track cars don't do gravel/mud/snow rally, do they?

I think then that first shakedown will be with Bimmer Tuning Club Finland at Ahvenisto on 3rd May. Which means we have March and April for 'carage work'.

As to the rest of the season, I think that there are two highlights:

1. we are now all 6 planning to take it to Knutstorp with New MINI Club Sweden from 9-13 July (including the Viking Line boats to and from Stockholm): it should be fun to see what JKo and DTR make of their first time at that track.

2. and bookending the season, we'll be back at Ahvenisto on 12 September with Mini Club Flying Finns for the track day/sauna night special. Should be a good one if we have any rubber left. And if it doesn't rain again.

tcbw

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In the meantime, I note that only DTR is hardcore enough to run his 53 all year round.

Micke has a VTECyo, JKo has La Baguette Exclusive, DoubleP has a 4x4 Edgar and I have an oldish (but water cooled) Squashed Beetle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts