MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran this event this year for a bunch of MX5s. It was a great success.

It's pretty simple. I rent the circuit on a Saturday, there's 40 slots available at £110 each. You get plenty of track time, it's an epic little circuit that's well suited to small nippy cars. There's a campsite next door thats £17 a night which is owned by the track and all the staff are super nice and friendly. There's an option of doing a run round the Brecon Beacons on the Sunday as well if problem fancy it, his would take in some epic roads and many that are used by Top Gear etc for filming.

So rough format would be:

• Arrive Friday night and set up camp
  • Burn food, drink beer, chat
  • Saturday trackday (sessioned early, then open pit lane)
  • Finish trackday and back to campsite for more food and beer
  • Sunday optional run round the Beacons and then everyone heads home
To rent the circuit for exclusive use by MT I have to cough up some money. So I'm not just going to book and hope.

Initially I'd look to ask for £30 deposits once a date is agreed to make sure those agreeing to go are committed. I'll then chase full payment once it's all booked in.

Here's a video of me peddling my daily standard 160bhp Mazda round at the day I organised back in July.

https://youtu.be/q8qHYIbe1cI

For now. Who's interested? Let's at least get an idea if it's feasbale numbers wise.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A few peeps on the Mazda day I organised booked hotels and Air BNBs. A good option but you miss out on the campsite social.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well this is a promising start. I'll call the circuit next week and see if they've got their 2018 dates for hire yet. I need to book it for the mx5 lot as well. I'm gonna end up being a TDO at this rate. Lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts