MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.... I'm seeing that MITP 2019 is no longer going to be held at Santa Pod. The location has been changed to Mallory Park. How do people feel about this?

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
I've never been but sad to see no drag racing at the event as MITP was the one time you could get your grudge matches out the way with everyone at the venue at the same time. Hopefully some track time could make it interesting as I feel MITP has got a little stale in recent years.

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
Mallory's a pretty boring track (as a spectator, never driven it.

Not sure there's all that much parking either from what I remember.

There (used to be anyway, not sure if it's still there) is a motocross track there too, which was pretty cool to watch, doubt it'd be open same day as mitp though.

·
Premium Member
4,314 Posts
I'd rather go and be on a track all day than wreck my car on the strip in an hour, but no doubt like other 'days' track time will be a rip off. If normal td money in an open pit lane while the show is on, that'd be ok in my book.

Yes it's a pretty small place for what I'd expect to be a big turnout. Went there years ago with the classic Mini for some big show, parade laps only then.

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,463 Posts
I'd rather go and be on a track all day than wreck my car on the strip in an hour, but no doubt like other 'days' track time will be a rip off. If normal td money in an open pit lane while the show is on, that'd be ok in my book.

Yes it's a pretty small place for what I'd expect to be a big turnout. Went there years ago with the classic Mini for some big show, parade laps only then.
Needs to be October or November for decent track day weather vs cost

·
Premium Member
4,314 Posts
Brands Hatch, Cadwell Park, Snetterton, Anglesey (cheapest), ignoring aerodrome type places deliberately, the others get to ok prices but only driven Anglesey GP and Coastal which I prefer of the two. Anglesey would likely be the cheapest venue to book too, but people don't seem to want to travel, although the views are ace, by the sea, access all round the track for viewing, camping and parking, but it isn't me organising haha ;O)

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
Oulton Park would be good, there's masses of parking in and around the track.

Could do short sections of the track for autocross/sprint style event rather than full on track day.

Hmmmm

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
So.... I'm seeing that MITP 2019 is no longer going to be held at Santa Pod. The location has been changed to Mallory Park. How do people feel about this?
My favourite shows have always been proper
action based shows where people actually got stuck in as opposed to just mincing around a few
static cars (e.g. Mini Action Day, MINIs Take Over (before Jake disappeared)). I’d rather circuit race than drag race too so, location aside, I’m all for this.

Edit: Actually Mallory isn’t fucking miles away so why not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If there is any form of track time please keep the oil dripping slow as fuck classics in their own sessions or I will end up wearing one as a bonnet badge
They've announced the date and location but nothing else. I can see it being just parade laps myself, I hope I'm wrong though

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,463 Posts
I'm not entirely convinced myself. There was me, gearing up to go full send at the pod regardless of consequences as well (honest)
Try the BMW day at the pod, it's more fun going faster than a 6 cylinder car, than one from the 60's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts