MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MiniTorqueGoesFinland drives Ahvenisto

It looks like the full MTGF team (JKo, DoubleP, Micke, tcbw, DTR) will be making an appearance at the Mini Club Flying Finns annual trackday/sauna night this year again.

We'll be heading back to Finland's most challenging track - the old non-FIA-approved circuit at Hameenlinna called Ahvenisto - on 14 September. And then, after the trackday, we'll head over to a cottage by the lake for some drinking, sauna, and steak (not in that order, it's more like, driving, shopping, driving, drinking, BBQ, drinking, eating, drinking, sauna, drinking etc.).

We'll try and get some photos and some videos, at least until such time as we fall in the lake. It worked well went we all went out at Knutstorp (although some of that vid still needs to be uploaded/linked to the site).

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
It looks like the MTGF team (JKo, DoubleP, Micke, tcbw, +DTR?) will be making an appearance at the Mini Club Flying Finns annual trackday/sauna night this year again.

We'll be heading back to Finland's most challenging track - the old non-FIA-approved circuit at Hameenlinna called Ahvenisto - on 14 September. And then, after the trackday, we'll head over to a cottage by the lake for some drinking, sauna, and steak (not in that order, it's more like, driving, shopping, driving, drinking, BBQ, drinking, eating, drinking, sauna, drinking etc.).

We'll try and get some photos and some videos, at least until such time as we fall in the lake. It worked well went we all went out at Knutstorp (although some of that vid still needs to be uploaded/linked to the site).
Good words Tim. That is allways mixture of joy, pleasure and excitement when friving Ahvenisto circuit. Allso evening after that is much fun with food, booze and sauna

Lähetetty minun H9436 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Weather allso oerfect st Turku. I'm starting to drive to Hämeenlinna. So see you after 2 hours fellas. Björn I hope you dudnt eat too much breakfast, so your stomach wont turn over st ahvenisto slopes

·
#R53orGTFO
303 Posts
I made it home late yesterday. Once again had great fun with the MTGF bunch, too bad that it was the last track day of the season. Unfortunately this time I couldn't be on the track as much as I would and some slow laps had to be enough. The good thing is that during those the track was empty :blushing: It was nice to see that this year there were a lot of modern Minis, maybe even more than the classics.

Let's see when the guys get back from the dead as I know there was much lonkero, sauna and talking crap involved after I left :tongue_smilie: Here are some crappy pictures I took with my phone.

DoubleP

DTR

JKo

DTR & tcbw

DoubleP and JKo

bknu, DoubleP and JKo

tcbw after doing some landscaping :laugh:

Random pic after the track

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was a good day, even if I went grass cutting twice (each time a lazy half spin) which is a new personal record.

And it was a pretty good night as well, and not so good that I had any issues with the rozzers' breathalyser at around midday Sunday.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That must have been close, Tcbw. Maybe it was lucky that the Lonkaros wasn't emptied after all. I took my time getting back to Sweden, exploring some more of Finland. Very nice. I would like to thank you, Flying Finns for a nice vacation. It's difficult to do something about the weather.

iphone_0849.jpg iphone_0863.jpg iphone_0885.jpg iphone_0873.jpg iphone_0881.jpg

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good to have a representative from New MINI Club Sweden! Maybe there'll be more of you next year?

And thanks for the Lonkero!

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Yepp, was nuce to have you here Björn

C U next summer again with involved lonkero offcourse

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
It would be nice if suomi would play football in uk area and mini convoy from finland cheers team Finland in some lockal pub

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
How long road it is to drive there from stockholm or travemunde?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts