MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This scheme is now closed.

This scheme is now closed. However, I have linked up with Be Wiser Insurance!

New Car, Classic Car, Van, Home, Motorbike insurance scheme with Be Wiser Insurance!

Any age, any postcode, standard & modified vehicles! Good reviews on internet review sites feefo and Trustpilot!

1.Car insurance due? Please ring 0800 0930786 - this scheme offers free roadside assistance breakdown cover, free claim assistance and free wallet/handbag and gadget cover.

2.Home Insurance - get an online quote -www.bewiser.co.uk/home?referrer=CFOR - this scheme offers free Emergency assistance cover, free heating and boiler cover, free wallet/handbag and gadget cover and free identity theft cover.

3.Van Insurance - get an online quote - www.bewiser.co.uk/van?referrer=CFOR - this scheme offers free roadside assistance breakdown cover, free claim assistance and free wallet/handbag and gadget cover.

4.Motorbike Insurance - get an online quote - www.bewiser.co.uk/bike?referrer=CFOR - this scheme offers free roadside breakdown cover, free Claim Assistance, free wallet/handbag and gadget cover, free Personal Accident cover and Helmet and Leathers cover.

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
Hi Tim,

My renewal will be 09/03/2013 for the car linked in my sig, will more than likely contact you for a quote but a couple of questions in regards to modified policies:

• Do you insure on agreed value? For those of us who have invested a lot of money on the car that makes market value is irrelevant.
  • If you do not do agreed value do you cover modifications? As in, in the event of a write off would the cost of a car + what was spent in modifications to return the car to its previous state be covered.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks George :)

Hi Batou
We don't actually offer Agreed Value apart from Classic Car policies but these don't allow modifications.

We do cover modifications on 'standard' policies, and on a like for like basis :)

·
Learning!
5,771 Posts
Great news to have you on board and also to know that you are available through the forum to answer questions, of which there are many being a performance based forum - welcome

I assume that based on the above, if for example a car is fitted with a FMIC, it would be replaced or valued with that item. My current insurer don't require proof of purchase as the item is on the car and they can confirm it is fitted

You didn't mention it in your introduction, but importantly are your agents/advisors familiar with power mods? It is imperative that they know their stuff, as many on here go to the same 3 or 4 companies as they know what they are talking about and can agree a premium increase, or mod value, based on product knowledge.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi batou
As we don't offer Agreed Value on standard policies, you would have an issue with getting a car with similar spec because we would take detioration, wear & tear, etc, into consideration.
To save any issue, we would recommend you insure with someone who would give you Agreed Value on your car :)

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Car insurance is such a grey area when it comes to mods (horrendous past experience of having mods declared but not paid out on by insurance company when car written off)

I'm not aware of any Companies that would offer a policy where you can get an agreed value that includes mods etc, (apologies in advance if i'm wrong) but hopefully someone in the insurance business will start to offer the like

Firmly believe that if you spend a fortune on modding your car you rightly deserve to get the full amount back in the event of a claim

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
Lolly, I'm in the position where my engine alone far exceeds the market value of a complete vehicle of similar age/spec, let alone the suspension and various other things. Agreed value insurance is much more expensive I would imagine but your getting the cover you need so I don't mind paying for it.

It wouldn't be economical for everyone with just a handful of changes to a car to go down that route, that isn't what I'm suggesting.

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Oh no, I totally agree, but it would be nice if a policy could be offered to those who have spent a very lot of money on their cars :)

I'm not sure how such a policy could be implemented, maybe I should just shush ! ::getcoat::

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great news to have you on board and also to know that you are available through the forum to answer questions, of which there are many being a performance based forum - welcome

I assume that based on the above, if for example a car is fitted with a FMIC, it would be replaced or valued with that item. My current insurer don't require proof of purchase as the item is on the car and they can confirm it is fitted

You didn't mention it in your introduction, but importantly are your agents/advisors familiar with power mods? It is imperative that they know their stuff, as many on here go to the same 3 or 4 companies as they know what they are talking about and can agree a premium increase, or mod value, based on product knowledge.
Hi Ian and thanks.
In reply to your questions, it's 'yes' to the one in your 2nd paragraph and 'yes' to the one in your third :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Likewise - who are the underwriters, what is given in terms of courtesy car for loss due to theft or damage?
Hi Lee
We are both a broker - using insurers such as Aviva, Zurich, etc, and also an insurance company, Mulsanne :)
The courtesy car would be given for the length of the repairs in the event of a claim against a third party though we don't give a courtesy car in the event of theft or total loss.

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,406 Posts
hello tim

i would happily insure my car with no personal injury or use of courtesy car,
that should drop the premiums on any car insurance by about 85% at least for those of us who arn't crooks :sneaky2:

must be a gap in the market :thumbup:

do you do track day insurance? :driving:

whats the cover on fire insurance for a modded car?

1 - 20 of 350 Posts