MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
An impact driver might be a bit too aggressive and will chew them worse given the chance.
A 3/8 ratchet and by hand would be more productive imo.
For £25 buy some of those Irwins. Theyve got me out of trouble on so many occasions.
If your really worried about it, go to an old school garage or engineering shop and for £20 theyll whip them out in no time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
An impact driver might be a bit too aggressive and will chew them worse given the chance.
A 3/8 ratchet and by hand would be more productive imo.
For £25 buy some of those Irwins. Theyve got me out of trouble on so many occasions.
If your really worried about it, go to an old school garage or engineering shop and for £20 theyll whip them out in no time.
I don't mean a powered impact wrench. A manual one that you hit with the end of a hammer. (apologies if that's what you meant, but I don't see how a manual impact driver would "chew" through it. A powered one sure, but even I have more sense than to try one of those on it 😂)

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
I don't mean a powered impact wrench. A manual one that you hit with the end of a hammer. (apologies if that's what you meant, but I don't see how a manual impact driver would "chew" through it. A powered one sure, but even I have more sense than to try one of those on it 😂)
Oh haha sorry. Thought you meant a dugga dugga.

·
Registered
871 Posts
5.5mm is what I had to go down to they're not usually tight in the head it's just getting a socket to fit well that's the problem.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
just a 1/4 drive will do and a small socket progressively turned after being drifted on, once loose work the socket off prior to bolt extraction to make it easier, good luck!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts