MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 361 Posts

·
Vroom Vroom Pop Pop
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well think its about time i started one of these seeing as ive got alot of things to start going on my car in the next few months :thumbup1:

Ok im ganna be honest never used to like the mini when it was time to get my first car the mini was the last thing on my mind i was actually looking for a honda civic sport but they very hard to find so the next car on my list was toyota celica ... and found one! :thumbup1: but then sat in it and realised very quickly that i couldnt see over the steering wheel :glare:

but then while sitting in the car i saw a car....a gorgeous 2002 dark silver mcs that had just been bought in and still had the last owners stuff in the boot. Once i sat in it and realised i could see over the steering wheel i took it for a test drive and :w00t: was all i could say i feel in love then and there! 2 weeks later she was mine and soo began the never ending modding

spec:

50 000 miles
completely stock
chili pack

The day i drove her home:

DSC00016.jpg

after a week i decided to start changing her so first thing first was to get rid of all the chrome, remove the cooper s badge and replace the grills with aero grilles

DSC00060.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

next i changed the manifold to a janspeed one and fitted a decat aswell as a blueflame exhuast

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

and boy i just love the new voice she has :thumbup:

more to come.......

·
Vroom Vroom Pop Pop
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
next i changed the wheels and got rid of those horrid runflats now she sporting some lovly 17" lenzos

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

so my spec so far is:

Exterior:

Tint all round
Complete black out (next is the engine bay :cools:)
17" Lenzos
Black rear lights
Aero grille
Neons :lol:
Oricari pollen vents
Front bumper trim

Engine:

Alta induction kit
Japspeed manifold
Decat
Blueflame exhaust
15% reduction pulley
Cyro2 sprayer
Custom GRS motorsport

Handling:

OMP top strut

·
Super Moderator
14,679 Posts
Nice write up mate. It's funny the amount of people I've heard who've said if they didn't have the Mini for a first car, they'd have had a Civic Sport - was my second choice too :p But I drove one a few months ago, cemented my knowledge that I made the right choice :D

·
Vroom Vroom Pop Pop
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha i know they still make me laff but what really made me pee my pants was watching a chav actually try and pull on my tow hook thinking it would inflate!

·
Vroom Vroom Pop Pop
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aaa now well i had problems trying to find some one with the right fittings for filling the bottle with co2 so instead the bottle is filled with nos ..... what a pitty :w00t:

·
Ummmmm Orange!!
1,190 Posts
aaa now well i had problems trying to find some one with the right fittings for filling the bottle with co2 so instead the bottle is filled with nos ..... what a pitty :w00t:
Can I ask where you got this filled, As i have the same kit but need to get my bottle filled but struggling to find a place to do it :crying:

·
Vroom Vroom Pop Pop
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i know how hard it is its practically impossible to find any co2 vendors that have the right connectors. i was told by demon tweaks who sell the kit that welding shop suppliers will fill it up with co2 but i couldnt find any place that could so instead use any place that fills up car nos bottles as they have the right fittings and on plus side when driving a long the nos will get sucked into the induction kit if you havnt got a closed one so will give you a tiny bit of performance increase.

·
In the name of Fun
5,985 Posts
That's a great car , pity about the CO2 filling though - bummer !

Do you actually notice any difference with AIT's with it ?

what mods are next - coilovers?

·
In the name of Fun
5,985 Posts
Have you tried BOC or French Air as they are now known for re-filling ? Might have a depot near you

·
Vroom Vroom Pop Pop
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its not the problem of finding them its the bottle thats the problem turns out US and UK bottles all have different fittings and as the Cyro2 bottle in from US non of the BOC and places like that have the connectors for it.

tbh havnt noticed any difference atm but come summer i think i will start to see difference and plus dont have a scangauage so cant accurately see any effects.

would love coilovers but atm need a new clutch so think i have to stick with some lowering springs atm as the wheel gap is getting to me

1 - 20 of 361 Posts