MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else bought an IKON motorsport turbo intake silicone hose and had to cut part of the silicone to make it fit?
IMG_20200505_160501.jpg

·
Registered
256 Posts
Seems to be the case with aftermarket hoses. I have the Samco hoses and had to make small adjustments, maybe it's to accommodate different models and aftermarket intakes..

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yes, same design but made by Samco but I now use the GTT intake and not the JCW air box.

I cut off a bit of the GTT silicone hose instead of the Samco as it would be cheaper for me to replace.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yep.

Had to cut mine down by about an inch. Spoke to the guy who sells them and he gave a partial refund and discount on the rest of the hoses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've seen a few of these fitted to different R56's and wondered if they made any noticeable difference? I've had my eye on the Forge ones as they add some torque but these are over half the price but they don't advertise making any gains at all except noise? Have you noticed anything or had the car on the dyno since and seen any difference? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've seen a few of these fitted to different R56's and wondered if they made any noticeable difference? I've had my eye on the Forge ones as they add some torque but these are over half the price but they don't advertise making any gains at all except noise? Have you noticed anything or had the car on the dyno since and seen any difference? Thanks
I doubt there is any gains, its just replacing a plastic hose with a silicone hose. The only reason I changed it was because the plastic hose had split - this is very common.

I've since upgraded to a AEM cold air intake, manufacturer states upto 15-20bhp gain

·
Registered
4 Posts
Forge claim their hose dose provide some gains but mostly torque due to removing the restriction in the oem pipe. Lohen and others have tested this on a dyno and found it to be the case. I just wondered if anyone had done any testing or felt any difference with the ikon hoses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sure they dyno tested a hose pipe lol. But to answer your question, no didnt notice any gains whatsoever.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The fluoro lined silicone hoses tend to be higher priced than the normal silicone hoses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts