MiniTorque.com banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It looks quite cool. Can you switch off/dim the display for driving at night?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
it dims with the headlights (so will go to night mode/dark mode and will be less bright) - well, at least that's how i have mine set..

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
How do you find the software? There's a lot of chinese android solutions for many cars, but in my experience they are tedious to actually use.
it's fine - not sure what other options you've used or what you find tedious - but CarPlay and Android Auto work flawlessly - as they do in any other car.. and the actual Android interface is fast and responsive.. I've got no complaints.. i know there are a few generic units out there running older version of android and only 1GB RAM etc which i can't imagine would give a great experience... this has 4GB RAM and a PX5 processor so is pretty decent TBF.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Does this require any cables to be cut or tapped into on the car? I like the idea of adding a reversing camera since visibility isn’t great on the convertible.
completely plug and play - if you wanted to add reversing lights then there's various options for that - all would require some level of wiring.. the headunit itself though is plug and play.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for everyone that has contributed to this thread.

Am I right in saying that this doesn't use the Aux input? (Mine isn't working).

And is a "car launcher" just an app you can download onto the device...looks better in my opinion so keen to understand how to replicate.

Cheers

· Registered
52 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for everyone that has contributed to this thread.

Am I right in saying that this doesn't use the Aux input? (Mine isn't working).

And is a "car launcher" just an app you can download onto the device...looks better in my opinion so keen to understand how to replicate.

Cheers
If you have OEM AUX/USB or just AUX, they no longer work .
The launcher is called AGAMA, there are different ones , but this was my preference, downloaded from GooglePlay

· Registered
4 Posts
If you have OEM AUX/USB or just AUX, they no longer work .
The launcher is called AGAMA, there are different ones , but this was my preference, downloaded from GooglePlay
Thanks Ant...

Sorry I didn't word my question properly.
I have factory fitted aux that appears not to work anymore.

Some of the android auto aftermarket solutions require a working aux to install.

Does this system need a working aux?

I'm very ok if it becomes obsolete after it's installed. It's broken anyway 😂🤣

· Registered
52 Posts
What are you thinking to do with the second USB. I was thinking to stick it in the hidden glove box or something.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I bought this, have to thank Pangster for the idea.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts