MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Shed Driver
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i'd plonk a few photos on here ... have a bit of history with Mini's, an R53 MCS then turned into a GP1, which went for a 240bhp quaifed R53 track car, which gained an R56 fJCW with Quaife and Ohlins suspension as its stablemate. Recently i had a Clubman D to offset the bork of running an 210k mile e70 X5.

Bought back in July as a bit of a punt. 20 seconds left on ebay auction, no info on the car, rubbish photos, incorrectly listed, you know the score :rolleyes:

Turned up and the car was ok, battle scars to the front/rear bumpers and in need of a bit of love essentially.

Drove it home and was rather surprised at the mpg!!

At this point i also had a Clubman Hampton D, oh and an X5 SD, and the wifes TT225, so no requirement for another car really...

Spec was very good inc. heated front screen, heated half leather interior, front armrest, xenons, satnav, combox for iPhone music, working/non leaky sunroof, roof rails and a few other odds & sods. Standard audio and white headling instead of black, but those things are fairly easy to sort out .... I also had a full JCW bodykit in the shed :p

First thing to change was the the steering wheel, alcantara JCW goodness:

JCW wheels appeared in my hallway:
[

Locking wheelnut halted play briefly.

And fitted

Then the bodykit got sprayed

Fitting commenced

Which takes us to how it looks currently:

[

Few little bits of trim missing from the bodykit, ride height appears a bit wrong (might have a snapped rear spring), wheel arches need refurbing to OEM colour, but its getting there!! Reason for buying it originally was Clubvans were FAR too expensive, so this will be signwritten to advertise the business at some point im sure - will make for a cool little, cheap to run "van" for me to tinker with ... might even get to do some trackdays again!!

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
904 Posts
I’d never heard of the clubvan until a few weeks ago then saw 2 in the same day, one being for sale too

Looks a really nice motor with the JCW bits fitted , we’ve all done it on eBay, last minute bid, hence my current diesel R56 Cooper, like yours 60+ to the gallon which was the main attraction, I think my next mini will be a clubman when I get bored of the R56

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
That's a lovely car. Wouldn't mind one myself, do like the Clubmans.
I used to have an R56 SD and it was okay on fuel, but never achieved those sort of figures, so that's some good going.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts