MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing some bit to my car lately so thought it'd be a good chance to start a project thread!

Started off purchasing my MCS in March off my brother. Standard MCS with Chilli & Vision Pack.

First mod on the agenda *Aero grills

Pure cheese on toast.. *some lamo car meet*

Then a package arrived! :w00t:

p'dinggg :blink:

Playing around with different placements of number plate, and noticed how hawt it looks without :eek:

Nexts mods on the agenda were..

- Rear tings
- Aero Skirts
- Springs
- New wheels

BUT...........

Uh oh.. :crying:

Off goes Minstrel to 1320.

Only went and blew the engine.. ::getcoat:: lack of oil.. - Biggest mistake i've ever learnt! Silly, Silly, SILLY!

3 Weeks of driving around a Convertible Smart car :thumbup: later

Got my baby back! With a reduced pulley fitted and new engine which Tom said was very very clean! The car came back at 179WHP which i was greatly pleased at!

After this huge set back of mods I decided now i've got some sweet power out of my car, I can get away with some subtle exterior mods.

Black headlight rings, Side repeaters and Fuel cap!

True patriots! :cools:

Next cheap mod on the agenda, Clean rear!

De-badged & Fly eyed lights.

Also done rear wiper delete - I'll get picture up tomorrow!

Future Mods:

- Springs (decrease scaffolding!)
- New wheels
- Tints (still!)

These are all promising parts that can be affordable whilst being beneficial :laugh:

So thats Mini Minstrel for ya'

·
Registered
918 Posts
Is that satin or matt black paint you've got on there? Gotta say I'm not so keen on it looking like that, maybe gloss black it would look alright but I'd definitely prefer CC'd ones.
Sod the springs get some coilovers on it, with FK AK coilovers you can't afford not to!

Looking tidy though :)

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh i might go colour coded, espesh after the next front end mod i have in mind - sod the coilies, going for springs. Im not racing the car its just an every day drive =]

Thanks bud!

·
In the 14's
4,364 Posts
It's odd everyone saying that cos I thought it was a nice touch :( each to their own I suppose.
For the minimal difference in price I'd say get the FK's as springs are a damn hard ride IMO and I've been running eibachs for 9 months

·
Premium Member
10,904 Posts
To be fair the only reason I'm on springs is because mine where very cheap but iv had no trouble with mine yes they are very hard but for the price they are not bad

·
Registered
918 Posts
Suspension ride quality goes like this.

Springs and std dampers < no wheels < standard < coilovers.

You will seriously regret springs, so uncomfortable.

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
Like I said Charlie I'd be happy to demonstrate why there is no good reason for springs now you can get coils for £200.
Springs and standard dampers will still handle pretty well and is better than stock, however the ride really suffers and if your on a particular bumpy, undulating surface is bounces around quite a lot.

I can put up with it but you'll get away with so much more on bad surfaced roads running coils.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heh, thats an every month occurance for me. 350-400 fuel. Worth the drive though tbh! =p since i've had it back last wednesday (with the new pulley attached) It's making me foot heavy and i've put in £105 :eek:

1 - 20 of 208 Posts