MiniTorque.com banner

Mini JCW AP Coilovers or Eibach Anti Roll Bars

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  tcbw 
#1 ·
Hi There.

Looking at buying a JCW and want to upgrade suspension or get anti sway/roll bars. I can only afford one or the other. Which will make the most difference/ you recommend?

1) Coilovers Probably AP AP Coilovers Mini R56 (Cooper S,Cooper,One) 1.6 T/1.6D (06-)

2) Eibach anti roll bars with alta drop links lohen.co.uk - Track & Fast Road Performance for your New Mini - Online Shop
lohen.co.uk - Track & Fast Road Performance for your New Mini - Online Shop

3) front and rear strut braces

4) another/recommended mod?

#5 ·
Coilovers aren't just for lows and if you read some of the project threads on here you'll see front anti-roll bars make no positive difference and can even have a negative effect. You also won't need drop links unless you go lower so the best initial option is coilovers. APs are a good starting place and you'll get a good price from Rich at Orranje.

Another option is buy a car with coilovers already fitted. They come up on here from time to time.

#7 ·
I'd start with the coilovers, but it's not a question of either/or, as the suspension and chassis should be seen as one integrated issue. For example, if you go very low, you'll need rear control arms and possible front camber plates to re-adjust the camber and bring it back into line. If I was you, I'd get the APs, RCAs and the rARB. Assuming that is, you have decent lightweight rims and non run flat tyres...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.