MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There.

Looking at buying a JCW and want to upgrade suspension or get anti sway/roll bars. I can only afford one or the other. Which will make the most difference/ you recommend?

1) Coilovers Probably AP AP Coilovers Mini R56 (Cooper S,Cooper,One) 1.6 T/1.6D (06-)

2) Eibach anti roll bars with alta drop links lohen.co.uk - Track & Fast Road Performance for your New Mini - Online Shop
lohen.co.uk - Track & Fast Road Performance for your New Mini - Online Shop

3) front and rear strut braces

4) another/recommended mod?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess it depends what you want from the car but you will find most people on here will tell, sorry demand you go for low's.:tongue_smilie:
Ideally I want it to handle best in everyday driving. Not so much interested in track at the moment but want good reliable handling for fast road driving.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Coilovers aren't just for lows and if you read some of the project threads on here you'll see front anti-roll bars make no positive difference and can even have a negative effect. You also won't need drop links unless you go lower so the best initial option is coilovers. APs are a good starting place and you'll get a good price from Rich at Orranje.

Another option is buy a car with coilovers already fitted. They come up on here from time to time.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,655 Posts
I'd start with the coilovers, but it's not a question of either/or, as the suspension and chassis should be seen as one integrated issue. For example, if you go very low, you'll need rear control arms and possible front camber plates to re-adjust the camber and bring it back into line. If I was you, I'd get the APs, RCAs and the rARB. Assuming that is, you have decent lightweight rims and non run flat tyres...

·
Wineeeeeeeeeeeee
2,286 Posts
Both :) minus the front arb my obx manifold hits it and makes a horrible graunching feeling, I had the mini round the nurburgring a few weeks ago and was very pleased with the APs for the price

·
Registered
347 Posts
Think I am going to go with the RARB first as it'll be a while till spending £7/800 on coilovers is justifiable.

Probably the Whiteline one which is around £170

·
Registered
104 Posts
Did you end up getting the AP coilovers mate? Im considering a 30mm drop and these seem financially possible but if im having to get 2 sets of rear adjustable control arms its bumping the price up! how low did u go and are they any good mate?

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,655 Posts
You don't need to adjust the toe but a nice lightweight set of arms can't do any harm...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts