MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys new to this so bare with me , just brought a mini cooper s auto with problems because i like to tinker lol , anyways first problem over heating changed thermostat no change made observations into head gasket and as far as i can tell seems ok , gunna try water pump and flush fingers crossed.
my main concern is auto box after reading some discussions i have a weird fault not like most , my box seems to work fine goes into all gears as should but slips when cold as soon as warm no probs
any ideas please

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
don't 'try' a water pump, just see if the coolant is returning to the expansion tank, if it is the pump is working. Check both your fan speeds, check the heater matrix isn't blocked, and check the heat exchanger isn't blocked solid.

auto sounds like low oil, it expands significantly as it warms hence why it is ok then perhaps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't 'try' a water pump, just see if the coolant is returning to the expansion tank, if it is the pump is working. Check both your fan speeds, check the heater matrix isn't blocked, and check the heat exchanger isn't blocked solid.

auto sounds like low oil, it expands significantly as it warms hence why it is ok then perhaps.
thanks for this i will try it and let you no (y) any advise on topping up oil in auto box:unsure:

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts