MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 2002 Cooper - the radiator fan has packed up and I've purchased a new resistor as mine was rotten - The problem is that the wiring is slightly different to the original (I have a spare blue wire). My car has a two plug set up - a large plug and a small plug with thin wires. Being a little unsure of my wiring skills I have decided to buy a new fan (complete) the only issue is that the new fan only has one plug (the larger one). My question is can i fit the fan without connecting the second (small plug) or is this essential. I have no idea what the low and high speed connections are.. A youtube video said the smaller wires were for the high speed fan but i cant see that being right??

any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
683 Posts
Not sure but I’ve got a pre facelift fan on my facelift car and that works fine.

Plug it in to your car and stick the air con on to see if it activates and if it does then fit it. Obviously just be careful of the fan when you’re doing this aha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,720 Posts
you just leave the blue wire, either tuck it or clip it, the relay does the job of it on yours

you have been given the later fan, if ECP, part ending 61, you want 51 ;O)

Reactions: sarge1000
1 - 3 of 3 Posts