MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
according to PP-performance...we shouldn't have any issue with the stock open deck, but i'll ask him again, just in case

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Don’t get me wrong this is cool and a good amount of effort. But I remember reading this thread before and lol’ing at the lack of attention to handling or stopping whilst chucking a load of power up front.

I drove a stock R56 once and after a while forgot it didn’t have the same brake setup as my R53, this led to some brown trousers at a roundabout
ahah u may learn how to drive the r56 then :p

just kidding, i updated my brakes and suspensions, just didn't post about it

·
Registered
29 Posts
@lupodo, sorry my ignorance but why do you go to a TIAL Q50 BOV instead of a Diverter valve? I have read, and over the internet there are many opinions, that going to a BOV may impact the MAF sensor etc... So, my big question here is, why should you pick a BOV instead of a DV? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
97 Posts
@lupodo, sorry my ignorance but why do you go to a TIAL Q50 BOV instead of a Diverter valve? I have read, and over the internet there are many opinions, that going to a BOV may impact the MAF sensor etc... So, my big question here is, why should you pick a BOV instead of a DV? Thanks for your time.
According to the pics, this is a "UK build" --- no MAF installed. However, if the OEM build had a DV in the turbo, you probably should have used a DV replacement instead of a BOV. I get all kinds of CEL's when I try to configure my DV as a BOV, but I have a MAF. And, depending on the specifics of your boost problem, this could be the root cause.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Don’t get me wrong this is cool and a good amount of effort. But I remember reading this thread before and lol’ing at the lack of attention to handling or stopping whilst chucking a load of power up front.

I drove a stock R56 once and after a while forgot it didn’t have the same brake setup as my R53, this led to some brown trousers at a roundabout
Yep that's me in my r53 atm, bvh etc with 276mm brakes and sports plus suspension lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
so finally...this happened

failure on cylinder 2 and 3
no issue with the pistons or whatever

2d1b7f0a-ceb8-433f-94da-38da7be388d1.jpg 5b49013c-aef1-470e-9eee-b373f34fa826.jpg 8b2ab3f6-21bc-45ed-a124-5a633b7cdedc.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Sneed4speed sent a new block real quick to me, so I'm waiting for the blockguard from MCMP engineering before putting all these things together

old block have been sent to Veicomer for Darton sleeve installation, so I would have a spare rock solid short block

oh i also fitted a QUAIFE LSD in deh

IMG_4798.jpg IMG_4882.jpg IMG_4921.jpg

21 - 28 of 28 Posts