MiniTorque.com banner

mini car, big turbo (GTX GEN2 GANG)

5K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  ludopo 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I own a r56 s Sparkling Silver, 2007. After a few hours driving it, i thought it could be good to...Upgrade a lil bit

So this is pics from day one
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mini Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mini Motor vehicle

Then, i quickly upgrade...and here is an upgrade list :

Engine :

PP performance Tune

GTX2867R GEN2 with his 3" downpipe
Akrapovik exhaust
AEM air intake
WAGNER intercooler
TIAL Q50 BOV
greddy profec boost controller
Snow performance under my bed, not mounted yet
All the internals ( DP pistons, ZRP rods) under the bed, not mounted yet

Exterior :

Spyder F56 Style headlight
LED tail light
OZ utlraleggerra 17 (white, of course) on order and coming soon
Bilstein B14 coilover
currently looking for JCW body kit

Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Hyundai i10
Vehicle Car Family car Van Subcompact car
Auto part Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Automotive exterior

See less See more
#15 ·
Looking good! I like your WMI on the winter manifold. Go for an updated tune before the next dyno pull, then post a chart. Should be 300+WHP. Really interested in your boost ramp. Are you using an external boost controller?

#17 ·
I spent the summer working in the caribbean based in Barbados - amazing level of mechanical skill and talent everywhere, and some really nicely modified examples. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

I actually met a colleague from Trinidad and turns out he's already a member of MT, and he regularly races his R53 at Bushy Park.

#19 ·
Awesome work you did so far!

Are you not afraid it won’t last long with a stock (open) deck block if you’re shooting for 400 hp?

I’m asking because I didn’t go closed deck either and therefore I don’t want to get the boost up too high to keep everything reliable and aim for numbers around 300 hp instead.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

#20 ·
Don’t get me wrong this is cool and a good amount of effort. But I remember reading this thread before and lol’ing at the lack of attention to handling or stopping whilst chucking a load of power up front.

I drove a stock R56 once and after a while forgot it didn’t have the same brake setup as my R53, this led to some brown trousers at a roundabout

#23 ·
@lupodo, sorry my ignorance but why do you go to a TIAL Q50 BOV instead of a Diverter valve? I have read, and over the internet there are many opinions, that going to a BOV may impact the MAF sensor etc... So, my big question here is, why should you pick a BOV instead of a DV? Thanks for your time.

#24 ·
According to the pics, this is a "UK build" --- no MAF installed. However, if the OEM build had a DV in the turbo, you probably should have used a DV replacement instead of a BOV. I get all kinds of CEL's when I try to configure my DV as a BOV, but I have a MAF. And, depending on the specifics of your boost problem, this could be the root cause.

#28 ·
Sneed4speed sent a new block real quick to me, so I'm waiting for the blockguard from MCMP engineering before putting all these things together

old block have been sent to Veicomer for Darton sleeve installation, so I would have a spare rock solid short block

oh i also fitted a QUAIFE LSD in deh

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Vehicle Car
Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Carburetor Vehicle
Machine tool Machine Auto part Tool accessory Rotor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.