MiniTorque.com banner

Miltek exhaust for R52

725 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  mr2haz 
#1 ·
I bought a used miltek cat back system removed from a R53 to fit my R52. While trying to fit it I get the feeling that there should be a different system for each body type and this will not fit my R52. Are the systems model specific or an adjustment to the one I bought to make it clear the strengthening bars?

#2 ·
I’ve got a Scorpion cat back on my R52 (Mini one convertible) that was originally off an R50 and it took a bit of adjusting because of the strengthening bars, there is very little room for play apparently but it went on easy enough

funnily enough though it’s just started rattling and vibrating on something at the back so it’s going in first thing Wednesday to be adjusted/tightened as it’s rattling against (I assume) the bars

I’ve had a year out of it before it started rattling but also I undid one of the bars when I changed my side skirts the other month so thats probably not helped

If I can get a pic while the car is on the ramps I will

#10 ·
Let me See if I can get some pics tomorrow while mine is on the ramps having the scorpion adjusted, you may be able to see where the pinch points are and how my mechanic got round it, the pipe is the same size as the milltek one as far as I remember

is your milltek a centre exit one for a supercharged R52 Or Single drivers side exit as per my mini one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.