MiniTorque.com banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
#R53orGTFO
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
As the wheels are 7x17 ET42, they would not fit without any spacers in the front. Good that tcbw had a set of 13mm that we slapped in the front so I'd be able to drive home. I have found some Kavs 11mm spacers (set of 4) for sale in Finland and bought them. Few days later replaced the 13mm fronts with 11mm and added a set in the back. Looks much better now, now just waiting for the arches to trim them self.

I'll also remove the decals that are on the wheels, not a big fan of them.

·
#R53orGTFO
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #202 (Edited)
Lately haven't driven the Mini much. Couple of weeks ago I finally decided to install the 550cc injectors that I have bought couple of years ago. At the end of May I took them to be checked and they came back with a clean bill of health and a note that they should be installed soon.

Only 2 months later I felt motivated enough to do it. I have to say that the old ones were a pain in butt to remove. Only 1 came out with the rail, rest was stuck in the manifold. After getting them all out I was surprised how they looked.

After that the install went much smoother and after a few seconds hesitation the Mini started and after 10-15 seconds the idle was stable. Let it run for few minutes and left it there. After 4-5 days decided to take it for a spin just to be welcome by a non starting shitbox. After turning the key it only clicked once. Connected 13.6V to the battery and no change. Long story short, something drained the battery and after loading it it's working once more.

Today was time to take it to the annual MOT and I had couple of things in my mind why it could fail and the tester came up with 2 different things: lack of rear seats and the car is registered for 4 persons and the rear Hardrace control arms, he wanted to see some paper that they're made for the Mini. Of the first issue I'll take care during the next MOT, will ask to have the papers changed and registered as a 2 seater. For the seconds issue I'll have to think about it.

So at the end of the day everything went well. Now I'm already thinking about getting it into storage for the winter. Maybe during those long cold months the love for my shitbox will come back and I'll be willing to drive it instead of burning it down.

·
#R53orGTFO
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
I sold the stock interior this summer. But not really worried about the 2 seater thing. Sooner or later there will be a rear cage going in. As for the paper, tcbw told me that the GP2 had the same issue and it was enough with showing a web page that they're for that model.

·
#R53orGTFO
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Not much happening with the R53. Last weekend was the last track day for this summer and it went well but could have been better, as always. Here's a crappy pic I took in the pits.

Today in the morning I changed the oil and took it to storage in the afternoon. This summer has been a love/hate story with idea's of getting rid of it at some point. Hopefully during the next 6-7 months I'll get some of the motivation back and start having fun.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,521 Posts
I'm sure you'll get your mini-mojo back. They are all fuckin MINIs right now - I think we're all facing issues of one sort or another, it's just age and a lousy summer for motoring.

201 - 206 of 206 Posts