MiniTorque.com banner

181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Quick pic I took. Probably will install the center console at some point.
I also replaced the black knob with a Quaife style one

If it were me I would be coming up with/making/modifying an alternative as I think these things look sh!t with the standard one cut away.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,554 Posts
If it were me I would be coming up with/making/modifying an alternative as I think these things look sh!t with the standard one cut away.
I'm surprised someone hasn't 3D printed something that's a perfect fit (and looks good)

·
Premium Member
4,867 Posts
mine's just a sliding fit with an M6 or 8 bolt through the top

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I'm surprised someone hasn't 3D printed something that's a perfect fit (and looks good)
Me too, can't be too hard and there are plenty of these things out there.

The fact that the manufacturer's haven't is (in my mind) officially an opportunity missed.

·
#R53orGTFO
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
I remember seeing on instrgram that someone made a decent cover, I think it was covered in carbon fiber. but i think it was a one off.
I don't mind how it looks now, without the down tubes and the whole console. But it would be nice to have the lighter and mirror adjustment knob not attached to something

mine's just a sliding fit with an M6 or 8 bolt through the top
The knob that comes with the shifter just slides in and is attached with a bolt from above, as you wrote. But now they also thread the shaft so you can put a different one when you fancy it.

·
#R53orGTFO
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Ticked another thing from the to do list today. First time after installing the intake I cleaned the filter. To be honest, it didn't look that bad. Was expecting something much worse.

And finally could make use of the K&N kit I bought for the bike several years ago

And also installed a MS5150 facelift ECU. Now it pop and bangs like it should have since the beginning. Being an early facelift (7/2004) it came with the old EMS2000 ECU.

·
#R53orGTFO
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Now both are in and the seat airbags have also been coded out so no airbag light on the dash, thanks to the master of coding JKo 😎

I'm quite happy with the result. They're much better than the stock seats, imagined that they'd be slightly lower. >But those are the issues when you have a big head and are too tall.

·
#R53orGTFO
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
They look absolutely spot on !
Thanks! At the end of the day it was worth it. I had to cut out some additional brackets and spacers from the seats and also have the adapter modified as the bolt pattern for these was different than for the aftermarket Recaro seats.

·
#R53orGTFO
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Last weekend found for sale something I was not looking to buy but just could not let this opportunity pass by. I found a supercharger that comes from an S that was converted to a JCW at a local dealer at some point in 2006. Since then, the charger has been stored and was supposed to be used for something else by the seller. I'll store this for some time, in case I need it in the future.

And also received few weeks ago the cam I ordered locally

·
#R53orGTFO
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Gave the Mini a clean today and finally had a phone with a decent camera with me. I must say that from distance it doesn't look that bad, things are messed up when you get closer:eek:

·
#R53orGTFO
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Finally done something I was planning for a very long time. The valve cover was leaking as 2 of the threads in the head were messed up. 2 helicoils were installed together with new valve cover bolts and a new gasket, had those laying around since last summer. As the cooler was off, decided to put new plugs, nothing wrong with the old ones. Fingers crossed that I won't smell anymore burned oil when reving higher.

Some maintenance still left to do before going to the track next month with the rest of the guys.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,521 Posts
It was a good little carage day, I reckon. That installation went better than I thought, and we didn't need to go to Motonet.

·
#R53orGTFO
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Yep, the install was went really smooth. The only sketchy part was when removing the sub-frame bolts and all the cracks and creaks that came with it when being under the car :D

181 - 200 of 206 Posts