MiniTorque.com banner
281 - 291 of 291 Posts

·
Bob’s your uncle
3,784 Posts
You were getting a move on, it seems you really dug the groove at this track. It was a real pleasure to get onto a new higher speed circuit this year. Definitely looking forward to the next time out.

·
Mr. White Shoes
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
The track was to my liking. Watching onboards on youtube it looked like boring in a way but in person it was way better. Would really like to visit it latest during the spring of ’23

·
Mr. White Shoes
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
I have been doing some small things lately. As mentioned before, I got a set of cabrio braces that I finally painted in my professional painting cabin :ROFLMAO:

Installed them, gave the enginebay a quick clean as it looked rather poorly

And had to add a sticker I got from @tcbw

Next thing on the list was to swap the oil pan with another one that had some baffles welded in. The job took a little longer than expected but managed to get it done. Did and oil change at the same.

As the headlights have seen better days, I decided to give them a polish and they look way better. At the same time took off the chrome trims and gave them a lick of paint, will install them during the weekend.

Also managed to buy a black interior carpet to get rid of the blue one, that should come in the next few days.

·
Mr. White Shoes
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
Here's a pic of the carpet after a first clean. I'll rent a Kärcher carpet cleaner to get all the crap out of it.

Tomorrow I'm taking the Mini to have the aircon re-gassed as it seems to be empty. No idea when the AC has had any maintenance done and I've owned it for 5 years now. It's one of the things I have not touched during my ownership.

·
Mr. White Shoes
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
Well, that did not go as expected 👌🏻 Took the Mini to the AC guys just to be told that ot has gas, issue is somewhere else. I remember when I replaced the compressor coil/clutch in @tcbw’s car, mine was fine back then. Somehow I could not be bothered to take off the strutbrace to be able to measure it once more.
On other hand, I rented a carpet cleaner and I have to sat that it was worth it. The amount of crap that came from the carpet was surprising. I’ll let it dry for few days and maybe during the weekend give it a go to install it, not looking forward to that…

·
Mr. White Shoes
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
Measured the resistance of the AC coil/clutch and that’s the issue. Too bad I did not check it earlier as I had the compressor off when replacing the oil pan. Live and learn I guess.

·
Mr. White Shoes
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #291 ·
Not much happening here. Today got 12 months MOT, happy days. Also pickep up some screws, clips and other minor bits and bobs to replace missing parts.
Have to order the aircon coil and replace it when I’m back from a long due vacation. Hopefully will be after hit the track at least 1 more time before it’s time to start the winter preparations 😬

281 - 291 of 291 Posts