MiniTorque.com banner
261 - 266 of 266 Posts

·
Baguette
2,091 Posts
It was running lean and @JKo brought me a working FPR to see if it was the cause. When I took the fuel rail out, I noticed that the oring of one injector seals was broken. We made a short trip and bought some spares, installed everything and went to the track to take some logs. Unfortunately it was still lean so my driving ended there.
Next spring I’ll replace the fuel pump and hopefully the issue will be solved.
Yeah, fueling was acting really weird. It stays lean (~15:1) at full throttle until about 3500-4000rpm, then slopes down to 13:1 and starts rising again at around 5000rpm. And it does that regardles of the changes we made in the fuel map.

I think measuring the fuel pressure would give a good indication of what is going on. But doing that while driving (under load) might be a bit difficult, especially as we don't have the equipment... are there any affordable tester gauges available?

·
Mr. White Shoes
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
I think it's fair to say that everyone's been feeling Micke's knob, and we all want one. It might take a bit of getting used to, and it might annoy in traffic (?) but I imagine that when you're really on it, it's magic.
I got used to it very quickly. As the lever is so close to the steering wheel, it reminded me of the civic EP3 :D

Yeah, fueling was acting really weird. It stays lean (~15:1) at full throttle until about 3500-4000rpm, then slopes down to 13:1 and starts rising again at around 5000rpm. And it does that regardles of the changes we made in the fuel map.

I think measuring the fuel pressure would give a good indication of what is going on. But doing that while driving (under load) might be a bit difficult, especially as we don't have the equipment... are there any affordable tester gauges available?
I've done some research and the adapter that fits the stock rail is the same as for most of the BMW engines. I have found a set that would fit for 40€ but the hose is short so it would mean to drive around without the bonnet :D In any case, the current fuel pump is 18 years old and I'll replace it anyway as part of the preventative maintenance. If it won't work, I'll sell the whole damn thing to the MTGF vultures for 50€ or f*ck off! @tcbw @JKo @DoubleP @DTR

261 - 266 of 266 Posts