just thought i would put up some pics of my cooper. The spec so far is

aero kit
18'' team dynamics alloys
kw coil overs
piper x induction kit
halo sidelights
clear rear lights
srtut brace (home made)
modified battery box lid (because of my strut brace)
Lohen side stripes
sparco stone guards
play mini exhaust
m7 c-wing

Some when i first got it

my strut brace

some pics

that's it so far but still got tones i would like to do to it :smilewinkgrin:

bob

·
Bugger
25,316 Posts
not digging the wing or the mud flaps, ruins what could be one of the better coopers imo

good work on the brace though

·
BRG R53 Cooper S
2,617 Posts
Holy shit that spoilers huge?! What makes that?

Edit: just saw its a m7

·
Bugger
25,316 Posts
Holy shit that spoilers huge?! What makes that?

Edit: just saw its a m7
after a lot of testing Jove removed it from the power ranger as it just caused drag, with 242 whp it was a hindrance must be even worse on a cooper

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Not a big fan of the M7 Wing personally, think it looks a bit too big and ruins the rear lines of the car IMHO.

other than that really nice car!

Possible idea . . . Remove the stickers on the aero rear bumper, makes the car look really clean lined and nice afterwards, did this for Antihero's old 'S' think there's pics of it in my detailing gallery when i did it.

Good work on the brace, welds could do with a clean up, but on the whole, nice job!! :) Did you fabricate the parts off another brace?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments so far i no the spoiler isn't to every ones taste buy i dont think the photos do it any justice. I made the strut brace completely from scratch with nothing to copy off :thumbup:

·
Bugger
25,316 Posts
Thanks for the comments so far i no the spoiler isn't to every ones taste buy i dont think the photos do it any justice.
i know its a lot worse in the flesh, ive seen a few of them :lol:

A

·
0 Posts
Nice car but I'd lose the lohen stickers.....spoiler is insane, maybe too insane.

Like the mud guards, didn't know they could fit an aero kit, did they take must cutting?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A wee update to this i had to get new wheel so i went for td pro race 1.2s i went for 17s this time as i wanted a bit more rubber this time as i humped my last ones on a pot hole or 2 so im just a tad on the pissed side as i just had them refurbed in the summer :cursing: and went for avon zz3 tyres all round and im well happy with them its like driving on a cloud as the old one were buckled to hell and i was getting a good old shake from them :lol: Iv also been fitting some stickers some new rear aero ones and front fog light ones to and a time attack sun strip :thumbup1: some pics

i really need to wash it i no i will get round to it :lol:

·
Bugger
25,316 Posts
stickers = fail

wing = fail

mud falps = fail

timeattack banner and not racing in ta = epic fail

nice wheels though

·
omd
4,714 Posts
wheels look a lot better... needs to be lower at the front and the stickers and mud flaps taken off... if the spoiler is your thing then go with it but I think it looks whack.

why have you got mud flaps btw? dont get it :laugh:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wheels look a lot better... needs to be lower at the front and the stickers and mud flaps taken off... if the spoiler is your thing then go with it but I think it looks whack.

why have you got mud flaps btw? dont get it :laugh:
They are more stone guards than mud flaps as i have painted arches and the previous owner didn't have them and the rear arches are chipped the hell so im not paying to get them painted and just letting them get chipped again thats why iv got them.

As Jamesf says my car is a fail in his eyes but hay i like and the way i see it is every one to there own and im happy with it :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
Don't worry... James is like that with everyone... :) If you like what you have and you're happy with it... All good...

·
Bugger
25,316 Posts
real men get chips and have them re painted, my car is ruined but its what paint was invented for but that spoiler is a serous fail on all levels,

Sefs gone all total fail on us tonite it seems, if your car looks like dick youll get told, MT out.

·
Cuntousaurus
15,729 Posts
I like the car bar the wing, side strips and mudflaps....

... and seriously, if your not entering/going to Time Attack lose the strip it's a bit fail (like a ring sticker and not having been before if you get me?)

Other than that, so much potential to be a clean and simple looking clubsport style cooper. Needs a bit of forward rake too if I'm being picky (lower at front than the back).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Talk to me about the strut brace. Did you literally just cobble it together / do the struts need to be in tension due to the brace. Or is the brace just there to prevent movement in current positions?

Did you just measure across the gap or use what it should be?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts