MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a set of speedline turinis and speedline spigots. They come with a retaining clip but for the life of me I can't figure out where it goes. The ring itself sits in the wheel and flush, but is not as tight as others I've had, so assume the spring keeps it firmly in place.
However, it can't sit on top of the ring as then it's not flush, it fits nicely in the wheel centre bore but then the ring doesn't sit flush.

Has anyone used them before? Does it entirely matter, as when the wheel is in place it can't really go anywhere anyway. But I guess they include it for a reason....

I know there's an argument around needing spigots anyway but frankly it's a lot easier fitting with them so might as well use them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
791 Posts
Yep definitely looks like a centre cap ring, wouldn't be part of the spigot ring.

The metal spigots on my 949s weren't as tight fitting as plastic ones but once on the hub everything felt tight and I've never had any issues with vibration etc.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, it came with the rings so assumed related, and I also found this picture from a spigot ring seller (not who I bought mine from, they came direct from speedline).

To be fair, I've been driving without the spigots for last few months, but I got stuck fitting the front wheels in the pitch black and was a fucking mare lining then up so lobbed the spigots in, without the clips. Driving as is at the moment and doesn't appear to have any negative consequences but possibly doing a track session Saturday and thought I'd try to figure it out in case was ill advised.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,382 Posts
Both OZ and Enkei spigot rings have the retaining spring, which fits into a groove in the spigot itself.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Interesting, the spring wouldn't be essential as it's just to retain the ring. But handy to have.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

·
Bugger
25,177 Posts
Utter pains in the arse these things esp on old wheels as they made of steel and when they get salty water in it reacts with alloy of the wheels, even worse so when people coat them in copper grease as it actually creates a voltage that encourages cavitation.

Smear the hell out of with something like Blit Hambler S50 or Dimatrol or Ardvox which are all aerospace grade and aluminium safe.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I just run my BBS with out the retainer ring, they are fine with just the spigot. absolute cunt waffle to fit together

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers all. I'm going to have another go when it's not dark and tanking it down. If still can't get them in, the bastard spring/clip is going in the misc man drawer and will keep the spigots on without.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts