MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, hopefully this is not posted elsewhere. I have tried to find out first.

Picked up our, new to us, R52 last Thursday. We are now stripping the interior to refurb and hopefully be ready for this years London to Brighton. There is an electric cable with a plug on the end of it underneath the passenger seat. It is connected to nothing, there isn’t one under the drivers seat. Any ideas?
However, under the drivers seat there is a metal plate, there is not one under the passenger seat. Can I remove this in order to take the carpet out or will it cause a load of untold grief.
Thanks for looking.

Tommo.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hi all, hopefully this is not posted elsewhere. I have tried to find out first.

Picked up our, new to us, R52 last Thursday. We are now stripping the interior to refurb and hopefully be ready for this years London to Brighton. There is an electric cable with a plug on the end of it underneath the passenger seat. It is connected to nothing, there isn’t one under the drivers seat. Any ideas?
However, under the drivers seat there is a metal plate, there is not one under the passenger seat. Can I remove this in order to take the carpet out or will it cause a load of untold grief.
Thanks for looking.

Tommo.
Do you have any photos of the plate? The plug isn’t blue and yellow is it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have any photos of the plate? The plug isn’t blue and yellow is it?
I will try and post a picture. Have sussed out that the metal plate thing has an amp underneath it. Factory fitted Harmon Kardon. The one under the passenger seat and nothing under the drivers seat, is still a bit of a mystery. I will post a pic.
Tommo.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi that’s look like it the connector for the heated seats that’s the only thing I can think of as the other I see and it’s not on that’s and it look quite thick so probably for carrying a bit of power the pictures is for the other end of the heated seats wiring harness
Eyewear Office supplies Material property Font Bumper

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for coming back. I guess it must be for a heated seat, but there isn’t one on the drivers seat. I checked to see if it had been cut off at the seat but there is no sign. There are no switches for heated seats either.

Tommo.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for coming back. I guess it must be for a heated seat, but there isn’t one on the drivers seat. I checked to see if it had been cut off at the seat but there is no sign. There are no switches for heated seats either.

Tommo.
Hi probably come form The factory like that car manufactures can be lazy and just use what I have on hand or someone swapped it in at some point

1 - 8 of 8 Posts