MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone that has MeisterRs on their car, please post your pics on here with detail on how low, it will help me decide whether to go with them or not! Thank u!

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
They don't drop anything like that low on r50-53. Kw springs sit lower

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Or you can ask Jerrick for the 5kg springs which lower 10mm lower than standard 6kg Meister springs/shocks and have them sit perfectly.
That would have still left a sizeable gap. If I could be arsed I'd go and load the lap top up and post a picture. If you want low look elsewhere is all I'm saying

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Rear wasnt an issue tbh, but then the rears used to bottom out on the bump stops. Has jerrick sorted this out?

·
Super Moderator
14,682 Posts
That would have still left a sizeable gap. If I could be arsed I'd go and load the lap top up and post a picture. If you want low look elsewhere is all I'm saying
I think Rich yaphet bedded his coilovers in a little more than yours Chris, and over a longer period, so mine are bound to be a little lower. A full 10mm and I'll be scrubbing rubber off my fronts.

Meisters are fine for a nice balance of lows and performance, although there are some coilovers that will go much lower and compromise performance.

*cough* FKs :lol:

(by the way, for anyone who's interested, that picture is with all standard MeisterR parts and the original 6kg springs)

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
They are a perfect entry level fast road coilover IMO, they're not exceptional at anything but they're good at everything. Dropping anymore than they offer starts to take away too much hoonability from the car.

·
Premium Member
17,320 Posts
Rear wasnt an issue tbh, but then the rears used to bottom out on the bump stops. Has jerrick sorted this out?
Bottom out? Wasn't aware of this on mine once the pre-load was set-up, took a while to get the rears set-up mind you, anyone else's bottom out?

Like I said, I was more than happy with mine compared to the V1's but then I could play with the settings on the R's where I couldn't on the V1's so that probably accounts for a lot of it.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Bottom out? Wasn't aware of this on mine once the spring load was set-up, took a while to get the rears set-up mind you, anyone else's bottom out?

Like I said, I was more than happy with mine compared to the V1's but then I could play with the settings on the R's where I couldn;t on the V1's so that probably accounts for a lot of it.
Yep they bottomed out on the two bumps that are on the road to my house which I've never had on stock, v1's, v2's and the clubsports. As soon as I took them off it vanished

1 - 20 of 40 Posts