MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I've been searching around for the past couple of months for a new set of wheels for my R53 but a bit of a noob when it comes to fitment.

I have a budget of around £900-£1000 to spend on a new set of wheels but as everyone knows, they can make or break a car so I don't want them to be too wide, or poking outside of the arches.

My question is: with a typical width 7J wheel, what is the maximum offset before the wheel/tyre would be poking outside of the arch on my R53 MINI?

What offset are people running at the moment with what width/size rims?

Any help or feedback would be appreciated before I part with my money only to find they're too wide or don't fit haha. Thanks!

Tom

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
7.5" rim ET30. So a 7" rim would be around 6mm further in the arch than this.

And the fronts 7.5" rim ET32. Again a 7" rim would be 6mm further in. (this is with stock camber as well so there's room to bring them in quite a lot with a decent camber set up)

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,521 Posts
looks to me like the max offset on a 7 inch rim is ET25, but you'd also need to bear in mind the tyre effect: chunky tyres can also add width so you might want to stick with 205/45 (for a 17) or run a semi slick with a very square shoulder

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,554 Posts
I'm running 17x7 rims with spacers which basically make them ET32. I need tyres but want sure what kind of look I'd get from 215 45 17s I know there's only a few mm in it, will it be noticeably different from my current 205 45's in a good or bad way?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts