MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I wasn’t going to start a project thread as we all know they do get out of hand pretty rapidly.

Considering I’ve got parts in the post already and I’m not picking the car up until Friday I thought I might as well not deny myself a new thread as it’s going to happen weather me or the misses agrees to it

The R53 is now a cube.

Maybe I’ll follow the same colour scheme. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All chrome is getting removed and the roof an caps going black.

The next step is lowering and wheels. Holiday first in August then I’ll debate what to get.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
I are not impressed!

I have a pic of your car that still pops up on my TV screensaver from Croft a billion years ago (parked next to a chameleon and an EB R53).

:(

Kept meaning to dig it out an post it in your other thread. Too late now like....

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I are not impressed!

I have a pic of your car that still pops up on my TV screensaver from Croft a billion years ago (parked next to a chameleon and an EB R53).

:(

Kept meaning to dig it out an post it in your other thread. Too late now like....

Post it here

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blimey I’d have only owned the car a matter of months then

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Yeah, I didn't realise the photo was that old.

Other half had a Mini at the time, but we didn't know it was a Mini do so we went in my ST, she was devastated, still bleets on about now occasionally.

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All chrome will be gone as soon as the car is picked up

I can’t wait to get home and get in trouble for parcels turning up before I’ve even signed for the car

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Picked the car up today, buying from a main dealer the quality of the sale was very poor.

First few mike done an already had a diesel Barnet up my rear end

The feel of the car is Rapid, much different than an R53. Although the R53 felt quicker I think but it should have done with the amount of money spent on it.

Quality of the car is immense too. feels very solid, love the automatic rev matching in sport mode!

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Coilovers purchased with a 20% eBay discount through DemonTweeks.

Carbon mirrors too.

Looking at getting 5x112 to 4x100 PCD Adapters to run my Dare X4 wheels.

I’ll probably be getting them powder coated Nardo grey and the roof wrapped to match.

Full de chrome almost done, just need to do the door handles, I have parts but they need wrapping!

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good effort!

Still not keen on the 3rd gens, but I said the same about the 2nd gens for a few years too...

I was the same but ultimately I couldn’t be chewed with the upkeep of an R53!

Plus, the progression of this car is just so nice from an R53. Pretty much just as quick or if not faster than my R53 as it is.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Yeah, the R53 is pretty archaic in comparison, and the 3rd gens can be made pretty rapid.

I only use mine once or twice a week for work, it's terrible on slow roads rattling and squeaking, but once you get onto fast stuff it's awesome.

I'm sure you won't be on stock power for long. ;)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts