MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got my Mini Cooper S today! Been saving up my pennies since last August.

It's a 2004 Cooper S with a 17% reduced pulley fitted and a custom 'One Ball' stainless catback currently running 212bhp. It has 48K miles on the clock and all the MOT certificates to prove it.

Here's a few pics after a wash.

As you can see it's in lovely condition and I love how it drives and pulls!!

First mod will be an Airtec IC to keep the temps down with the reduced pulley and then probably a JCW catback for now...

Future mods will be AP Coilies, Janspeed manifold with tomcat, 550 Bosch injectors, Dave F CAI, Cams and a map.

Mat.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First little update, I received my new number plates on Thursday to replace the old ones and got those fitted on with 'no more nails' double sided tape which made the exterior look much cleaner.

Also got a few more pics.

I also gave the engine a complete check over and found that the filter has kind of caved in? Im assuming it is a very cheap one and it's not sitting properly at all so will be ordering an Orranje stealth kit at the end of this month.

And as you can see the hole is already drilled behind the airbox as the previous owner had fitted a Dave F airbox.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks lovely mate, I've just bought an almost identical car and fitted a 17% pulley and orranje intake. The whine is ridiculous now!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks lovely mate, I've just bought an almost identical car and fitted a 17% pulley and orranje intake. The whine is ridiculous now!
Cheers it is lovely :) how bad is the whine? I scared it's going to annoy me, may just order a K&N panel filter.

Nice car mate,be good to see this come along,enjoy,
Subscribed - as I always do with Grey/Black R53's

Nice car, even if I am biased ;)
Cheers guys I can't wait to order some parts :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
To be honest, the first day I fitted it I thought it was a bit loud, but since then I've loved it :) I reckon you should get the Orranje, after all may as well make the most of something that's getting quite rare on cars nowadays and if you go down the upgraded manifold route t you won't want the charger drowned out!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To be honest, the first day I fitted it I thought it was a bit loud, but since then I've loved it :) I reckon you should get the Orranje, after all may as well make the most of something that's getting quite rare on cars nowadays and if you go down the upgraded manifold route t you won't want the charger drowned out!
Yeah true well I will get one and just take it off if I hate it which im sure I wont :)

Nice car will have to keep an eye on this thread. Just one thing and don't mean this in a rude way, shouldn't this be in the R53 projects not the r56 ?
Oh crap yeah I didn't even realize I had done that how do I get it moved?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got my Hardrace RCA's fitted today. It was an easy job but took bloody ages due to all the bolts being held together with 10 year old rust :(

I have set them the same size as the stock ones so they are ready to be adjusted when I fit my coilies in a few months.

Next mod will be either an Orranje stealth airbox or some adjustable drop links..

Mat.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got a couple more pics of how it is at the moment before I start modding!

I have decided to go with a set of Vira DTM 17x7 wheels with a set of Flaken ZE914 205/45/17 tyres.

I photoshopped them on the car to make sure they looked nice :) They are almost identical to the JCW R112's but much cheaper and probably lighter.

Let me know what you think!

Also I have bought a set of 4 (front and rear) whiteline drop links of a member on here ready for my coilies, just need a set of RTM adjustable top mounts now.

Mat.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts