MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 393 Posts

·
Jap Scrap
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I'd put up a picture or two of my car.

It's a 2002 R53, with only 34,000 on the clock. Half leather, multi-function steering wheel, cruise control, climate control, tape player! However there is a 6 disc changer in the boot, chilli pack. I'd say it's pretty well specced.

Most importantly though, it features...

S-Spokes

Runflats

AND

Wheelgap.

Hopefully to be sorted soon.

I bought it from a garage in Scone, and came back home with a blast over the A93, what an epic road! I have two good pictures from that, but I have no idea where they've gone... I'll keep looking.

Unfortunately I am now skint and have a small loan to pay back to the bank of mum, so don't expect to much just yet. First to change will be coilovers. Most probably the Meister R variant as they look pretty good to me.

Any comments, suggestions, general chit chat welcome.

·
Jap Scrap
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

Ye wheels is definitely on the list after coils. I've always liked the R90 wheels and Rota grids/torques.

Any suggestions on colour?

·
JCW R53
1,251 Posts
Loving the shine on your paintwork mate :D

Defo new rims & lowered would be a good place to start.... then expect your bank balance to drop when you buy more performance things for it! :lol:

·
Jap Scrap
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was impressed by how shiny it was actually. It's clearly been treated well by the previous owner. Not up to my standards though, might be breaking out the polish tomorrow if it's sunny.

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
nice nice mate, sweet blank canvas. I'll keep an eye for it going about the deen!

please, for me...fit some gold wheels :D

·
Jap Scrap
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I waved to some blonde in a gp last night thinking it was you haha

that looks awesome with the gold wheels. Definitely a possible option. I was thinking bronze would look good, but gold makes more of a statement. This is still a few months off yet, so I'm trying not to get to excited about it

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
I waved to some blonde in a gp last night thinking it was you haha

that looks awesome with the gold wheels. Definitely a possible option. I was thinking bronze would look good, but gold makes more of a statement. This is still a few months off yet, so I'm trying not to get to excited about it
haha nice, aye that ones always cruisin about. it's on its arse!

bronze would me mental aswell like!

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
not sure mate, never really down tbh. Supposed to be meeting someone tonight though so i'll see what like! you??

·
Jap Scrap
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good good. I'll Keep an eye out for you in amongst the sea of gp's haha. Aye I'll be there for a bit. Can't really afford to drive round for long. Stupid supercharger :lol:

·
Jap Scrap
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
First Changes...

After a two week wait from the DVLA, I've finally got my private plate on. V7 MPJ.

My Alpine headunit is also now in. Need to get the adapter for the mfsw at some point, but thats not a priority.

And best of all... I now have a de-wipered mini. I did this to my last car, and the mini was unbelievably easy compared to that.

And a few "artistic" car park pics...

All comments welcomed

·
Jap Scrap
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had some spare time last weekend, so decided to check all the filters and serviceable items on the car. Probably just aswel I did...

The old and new cabin filter

Worst of all was the air filter. It was thick with flies and oily substances. I'm genuinely surprised any air was getting through at all. I wish I had some more money so that I could have got a Dave.F kit, but this will have to do for now.

And a close up of the old one...

I also took the chance to upgrade to NGK Iridium spark plugs

The brake pads and discs need done all round aswell, although I'll get by with only changing the front for now. As above I'm skint atm, so no upgraded items for the mean time. :sad:

·
Jap Scrap
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was driving to work the other day, and the back started to come round, took me by surprise because I wasn't going that fast. Anyway, I then heard a flapping noise coming from the rear wheel arch. When I got home I thought I better check the tyre was ok. Just aswel I did...

I have no idea what happened for it to get that bad. I checked it last week and there was around 1.7/1.8mm tread left and no other signs of a defect :confused1:

·
Jap Scrap
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Runflats are a massive fail on BMWs part.

I've got another one on for now though. Hopefully it won't be long until I get some aftermarket wheels, when they will definitely be in the bin. Wish I had changed them though. That's 2 I've had to change now, and there's a third needing done in the not to distant future .

I had to get it sorted today, as I'm off down to Knockhill for the superbikes tomorrow. It couldn't really have happened at a worse time

1 - 20 of 393 Posts