MiniTorque.com banner

441 - 460 of 463 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #443
Pretty disappointing birthday at Cadwell Park. Haven't been for a couple of years so was excited to get back there. Drove through some horrible weather on the way up there to arrive at a cold and damp track with light rain/drizzle still coming down and the usual Toyo R888R's bolted on the car. Took a very cautious first session knowing that I would not get any heat into the tyres or be able to find grip under breaking until the afternoon, really this was just about re familiarising myself with the lines and getting a feel for the car in those conditions.

By the second session just before lunch disaster struck as I felt the pedal blowout coming into the hairpin. Luckily this is the slowest corner on the track and I was already taking things easy due to the conditions. Could have been a hell of a lot worse on another part of the circuit or in dry conditions. Thankfully I got recovered to DanKan who not only had a spare line to fit but also stayed late on a Saturday evening to see me good, awesome service.

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
nice do you get air on the mountain ? On a 1000cc bike cadwell feels small whats its like in a car ?
No air as such but the front end does go very light and you will get raised revs, it was too damp this time around to really be hitting it at speed. It's great in a car, absolutely lovely circuit, my favourite in the UK. There was a 700bhp Supra there, I'm guessing he felt like he was driving around on a knife edge, he's got some videos on YouTube.

·
Registered
14 Posts
No air as such but the front end does go very light and you will get raised revs, it was too damp this time around to really be hitting it at speed. It's great in a car, absolutely lovely circuit, my favourite in the UK. There was a 700bhp Supra there, I'm guessing he felt like he was driving around on a knife edge, he's got some videos on YouTube.
ive done donnington in a fairly track focused R53 and it was very good

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just read through this all, amazing car! Hell of a lot of effort in that. Love the vids too :cool:

I'm curious on your current brake setup - there was mention of K sport calipers and I know you were running R53 JCW calipers earlier on with Nitrac/Carbotech. Did you have fade issues with the older setup or did you just want something new? I'm looking to upgrade from my stock R53 brakes for track use (Snetterton mostly it's my local) so opinions of someone who's been there are really valuable!

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #453
Just read through this all, amazing car! Hell of a lot of effort in that. Love the vids too :cool:

I'm curious on your current brake setup - there was mention of K sport calipers and I know you were running R53 JCW calipers earlier on with Nitrac/Carbotech. Did you have fade issues with the older setup or did you just want something new? I'm looking to upgrade from my stock R53 brakes for track use (Snetterton mostly it's my local) so opinions of someone who's been there are really valuable!
Thanks buddy. I wanted to try a BBK and see what it was like, I'm also somewhat of a scene queen so a nice looking 4 pot through the wheel spokes was appealing. I did really like the R56 setup with Nitrac/Carbotech compound and it's more than capable of doing laps round Snett all day long. It's not a particularly heavy braking circuit and you have long straights for cooling.

·
Registered
2006 R53 Hyper Blue/White Cooper S
522 Posts
Silverstone GP shakedown...

Damp horrible morning where the car just would not click, couldn't get heat in the tyres and the track was greasy. Numerous red flags meant sessions were also limited, I went out a few times only to be in again before the end of the lap.

Afternoon was a different story. A dry line appeared and I finally got the tyres up to temp, by the second afternoon session I had finally got my head around how the car performs now with the KW Clubsports and the KSport 4 pots.

I think there is still some tweaking to do. The back end is very lively but predictable and easily catchable so I'm not too concerned about it at the moment. Did feel like there were moments of understeer which I haven't experienced since switching to the R888R's but think this might have been my lack of track driving skill and poor lines. The K Sports are pretty good, I think I will still switch to Carbotech pads rather than the Ferodos that came in there but they did impress me as I thought they'd be useless in comparison.

Also got to meet a couple of other top guys driving R53's who were good to chat with.

Quality bit of driving there Luke mate 🤜🤛 seemed to be very little in it between you and the E46 M3 speed wise. That Jag was very annoying....poor etiquette on their part particularly as they could see you were all over them in the bends.....have to hand it to it tho very fast in the straights. What was it a Project 7?

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #455
I am gutted but today she went to a new home. I had never intended to sell the car, so much time, money & love has gone into it over the years, but the events of this year and a few months in lockdown has made me re-evaluate where I am in life, what I spend my money on & dedicate my time to. Sadly I just can't justify the cost of doing the track days any more and without the ability to trailer the car there & back things have started to become less fun when it inevitably goes wrong. I've had a good innings but it's time for someone else to enjoy the fruits of my labour. As I said, a lot of work & money has gone into this over the years, and I hope that the new owner brings with them a new energy to keep going with her.

·
Registered
2006 R53 Hyper Blue/White Cooper S
522 Posts
I am gutted but today she went to a new home. I had never intended to sell the car, so much time, money & love has gone into it over the years, but the events of this year and a few months in lockdown has made me re-evaluate where I am in life, what I spend my money on & dedicate my time to. Sadly I just can't justify the cost of doing the track days any more and without the ability to trailer the car there & back things have started to become less fun when it inevitably goes wrong. I've had a good innings but it's time for someone else to enjoy the fruits of my labour. As I said, a lot of work & money has gone into this over the years, and I hope that the new owner brings with them a new energy to keep going with her. View attachment 100790
Sorry to hear that pal, Might be faced with SORNing or selling mine also in the not too distant future if things continue as they have been with the pandemic etc....hard times but ultimately is just a bit to metal and it can be replaced. All the best (y)

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Dont feel too bad Luke.
As soon as we had kids suddenly I had 5% of the funds I was used to for car stuff.
And I wouldnt swap back not even for a second.
Be good (y)

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Shame Luke, I enjoyed your videos - always good to see a mini used in anger.

Dan - welcome! What's the plans for the car?

441 - 460 of 463 Posts