MiniTorque.com banner

441 - 451 of 451 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #443
Pretty disappointing birthday at Cadwell Park. Haven't been for a couple of years so was excited to get back there. Drove through some horrible weather on the way up there to arrive at a cold and damp track with light rain/drizzle still coming down and the usual Toyo R888R's bolted on the car. Took a very cautious first session knowing that I would not get any heat into the tyres or be able to find grip under breaking until the afternoon, really this was just about re familiarising myself with the lines and getting a feel for the car in those conditions.

By the second session just before lunch disaster struck as I felt the pedal blowout coming into the hairpin. Luckily this is the slowest corner on the track and I was already taking things easy due to the conditions. Could have been a hell of a lot worse on another part of the circuit or in dry conditions. Thankfully I got recovered to DanKan who not only had a spare line to fit but also stayed late on a Saturday evening to see me good, awesome service.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
nice do you get air on the mountain ? On a 1000cc bike cadwell feels small whats its like in a car ?
No air as such but the front end does go very light and you will get raised revs, it was too damp this time around to really be hitting it at speed. It's great in a car, absolutely lovely circuit, my favourite in the UK. There was a 700bhp Supra there, I'm guessing he felt like he was driving around on a knife edge, he's got some videos on YouTube.

·
Registered
14 Posts
No air as such but the front end does go very light and you will get raised revs, it was too damp this time around to really be hitting it at speed. It's great in a car, absolutely lovely circuit, my favourite in the UK. There was a 700bhp Supra there, I'm guessing he felt like he was driving around on a knife edge, he's got some videos on YouTube.
ive done donnington in a fairly track focused R53 and it was very good

441 - 451 of 451 Posts