MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 R56 Hatchback, 56K with the stock suspension. It's time for tires and I'm considering switching from the original 175/65R15 tire & wheel set up. Would move up to a 17" wheel, tires would be either 205 or 215, with 40 or 45 profile. I'll want to eliminate most of the wheel well gap in hopes of a more "flush" look. This is a daily driver, not a track car. H&R Lowering Springs were recommended, but the stock suspension already has 56K on it. I'd hate to put new springs in now only to find out that replacing the shocks is just around the corner. I have also read that lowering springs can add additional ware to the shocks due to the reduction in the shock travel. Correct? And why would you fit "new" lowering springs on an "old" OEM shock/strut package? Wouldn't it just make sense to do a complete set of good adjustable Coilovers? Springs now, then Shocks later would be almost the same price right? I don't have the knowledge, tools or a garage to do the work myself, so I have to figure in labor costs as well. And with lowering springs I'm getting a fixed amount of drop. If I want to more or less wheel gap, I'm kinda stuck. So gang what are your thoughts and/or recommendations?

Cheers!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts