MiniTorque.com banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
if you have changed the top mounts over and also the rear anti roll bar bushings on your ap coilovers there not much else to check?

what about if you raise the suspension a little do you still get the knock? as someone has said already it might be the rear control arms hitting something?

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,409 Posts
The mystery knocking is coming from the front on mine. It almost sounds like a light exhaust pop. I'm thinking it might be the front ARB bushes being over strained by the front links which are a bit short. Raising the front a cm had no effect

·
Registered
173 Posts
The mystery knocking is coming from the front on mine. It almost sounds like a light exhaust pop. I'm thinking it might be the front ARB bushes being over strained by the front links which are a bit short. Raising the front a cm had no effect
Mine has now started to develop this kind of knocking/clunking noise at low speeds, on uneven grounds. Front axle as well on the passenger side (will be driver's side in UK cars).

I have Bilstein PSS coilovers and the front drop links are the shorter version that came with the suspension.

Car on the other hand, drives incredibly well.

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Mine is completely stock, on Mini sport suspension and it ruttles when I hit a bump on the road or when I am turning in low speeds.. I hear it somewhere on the left side, above the wheel... Is there a chance it is mushrooming effect?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just for reference, I'm only running B4 shocks at stock height. The rears create the noise described here, it's like a semi metallic scuttling sound across slightly broken road surfaces. I assume the noise is happening with change of side loading forces. I've tried two different types of top mountings with no luck, replaced ARB bushes and droplinks. No luck what so ever.

I even went as far as contacting Bilstein about the correct placement of the supplied washer (the big flat washer is to sit on top of the shock tube and not on top of the mounting).

Anybody else still having issues from the rear?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts