MiniTorque.com banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I have not spoken to dave for a while now but i would think he will do private stuff i know he has a few delivery mileage heads left to sell once upgraded.
The drums might be right, He had a long waiting list in 2008, I had some local connections and lived a few miles away, I would be surprised if you will be able to get one done in the time frame you want. And that’s assuming he has the valves sat on the shelf, not sure how the supply chain looks at the moment...?
Lee would you be able to get me a price on a Sean spec cylinder head please? (y)

Alski… Tbh I'm not overly bothered if it takes 6 months, gives me chance to pay for my brake and suspension upgrades. ?

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
If you were after every ounce of power then 1 per cylinder + standalone would be your ideal, but a wideband, controller and boss x 4 ain't cheap, so I'd say best bet is stick with what manufacturers do and place it where it can take a mean reading from all 4 cylinders.
it currently is just at the bottom merge point, the stock one is in the merge point for Nos.2&3 primaries. Yes if the ECU handled it multiple would be good to have them perhaps, I'd ideally have 4x EGT sensors in there too haha, but I don't think we'll be doing that in this car ?. I might swap the stock one to see what affect if any it has on smooth running. It'd need an extension to reach, I have one chopped off an old sensor to make one end connector for, one day.... could do with an extension for wideband too actually, I'd like a better reach for the PnP harness as it's awkward to get to the connector for quick change, I was curious about using the port higher up if no ill affects.

Reactions: Deavilly76

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Scorpion?
Leave the EGT sensors to the turbo boys for the time being! ? Is that sensor boss 'as supplied' or have you put that there? I would have been tempted to put it in the decat/ tomcat/ 200cell part just after the flange, technically slightly slower response (maybe) but if your using springs and washers to hold it together less vibrations from the engine and it's sampling from all 4 cylinders. Top one you've blanked off is presumably for the wideband and tuning?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts