MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well here i am again with another Mini Project. and my 3rd r56 and 6th mini in total
Well being of work ill since November and all the lockdowns we've been having, i got very bored and started browsing ebay,Facebook and auto trader for cars thinking i need something that i can mess about with in the garage.
Originally i was looking a renault clios 182/197's but never found one that really got me tempted to part with the cash. So i then set on Mini's i found a couple with some mods on for the 6k mark one of which was fairly well modded but the chap never replied to my messages so decided that wasn't the one.
I then found one on Facebook with full service history, decat, intercooler,and supposedly a remap but I'm not convinced, fairly well specced with multimedia pack, heated seats, jcw brace and unfortunately lowering springs.
Probably be a fairly swift project try and get stuff done nice and quick as when the season starts it will be say in the garage
so here it is my 2010 R56 FJCW

Parts have already started piling up

Plans

Give the car a good tidy up
Remove jcw spoiler
Ditch the springs
Get rid of the red pinstripe which is everywhere
Change the mirror caps
Put a resonator back in the exhaust
Sort the light rings and a-panels
Joey the lights

To fit

AEM intake
Coolerworx shifter
New lambda sensor
Order new coilovers hsd monopro
Set of lower wishbone bushes
Resonator delete hose
Noise maker delete hose
Intake hose
Timing chain
New clutch and flywheel
New wheels and tyres when I order them.
Swap the seats out
Roll cage
Challenge diffuser
Maybe challenge splitter
Gwing

I will be trying to fit a lot of stuff myself depending on health but big jobs will be carried out by Jason at Millsy’s autos.
I’ll hope to update as much as I can along the way

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congrats on the new motor, looks tidy - always a good sign to see 'premium' tyres on a car. Will be well sorted by the time you've worked through your list of mods!

What alloys are you looking to switch to?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on the new motor, looks tidy - always a good sign to see 'premium' tyres on a car. Will be well sorted by the time you've worked through your list of mods!

What alloys are you looking to switch to?
I’m looking at a set or works wheels or oz I think. This is literally just a car to mess about with so can afford for it to sit there not needed every. So even if it’s on stands for weeks it doesn’t matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First mod done and was Joey the headlights as chrome just looks crap.
Was fairly pleased with my efforts and came out alright not bad for a days work.
Got rid of all the horrible red vinyl stripes everywhere
Try get a few more things done this week.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fitted the aem this morning look all of about 10 minutes.
Few more bits on the way to tidy it up before it goes for wishbone bushes,timing chain,decoke and a clutch.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks smart. I fitted my AEM intake kit last week, sadly it took me more than 10 minutes :(

Out of interest, what type of paint did you use for the Joey mod - that's another thing I'm keen to do.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks smart. I fitted my AEM intake kit last week, sadly it took me more than 10 minutes :(

Out of interest, what type of paint did you use for the Joey mod - that's another thing I'm keen to do.
Plastic primer and some vht paint. Got a metallic black one then just a bmw space grey metallic for the ring

I’ve done a few aem intakes so was pretty simple, when you’ve fitted an intake kit to an m4 anything is easy

·
Registered
JCW N18
91 Posts
My advice....If you push your car much just get rid of that "shield" because it will ruin / make your cover melt. Man covers melted and send money to aem for that...It will make more damage and its not going to help

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My advice....If you push your car much just get rid of that "shield" because it will ruin / make your cover melt. Man covers melted and send money to aem for that...It will make more damage and its not going to help
It’s only on there to save me kicking it round the garage I never ran it on my n18

·
Registered
2005 R52 One Convertible (The Smoker)
829 Posts
Love this mate, really fancy an R56 JCW at some point 👍👍

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Few parts arrived over last few days just to decide on a clutch and which suspension I finally choose, then it can be taken to Jason’s for service work and then I might actually drive it.
A set of challenge diffusers
A fresh set of ngk plugs EvoX ilkr8e6 1422
And a new handbrake handle as the old one was shoddy

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Little update
Stock pile of parts all ready to be fitted at Millsy’s on the 7th. Then it will be time to actually drive the car as it hasn’t moved since I purchased it.
Had a little mod made up for the coolerworx to allow me to run my m7 carbon gearknob that I had in the garage for about 8 years.
Fancied a change from the normal coolerworx style.
Managed to get a precut centre console for next to nothing.
Set of meister r coils arriving this week along with stud kit, clutch and diff.
All chrome being painted aswell as a new bonnet scoop

Just wheels,tyres and cage to decide on.

Then yesterday I went to move the car for the 1st Time to find out someone has crashed into it.

Also been returning the m4 back to stock as it’s being sold at the weekend.
IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More parts collected today
Quaife lsd and ttv clutch and flywheel which I got for a very good price
IMG_1976.jpg

Also dug out my jcw corbeau seat which may or may not be fitted. If so it will be temporary until I buy a matching pair
IMG_1942.jpg

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Abit off topic but today I said goodbye to my m4 competition and picked up my mrc tuned facelift rs3
IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_2020.jpg

Both cars epic in there own ways but the way the rs3 goes from standing start is just rediculous.

·
Premium Member
5,671 Posts
just sayin' ;O)
X3 RSX.JPG

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Had a few deliveries before it went up to Jason’s.
Looking forward to getting it back in a few weeks and having abit of a drive in it.
Set of ad08r in 215/45/17
Meister r coilovers
IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

Car all loaded up to go to Millsy’s
IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

The car does run I just couldn’t be bothered to take 2 cars on the journey so a friend of mine took it on his truck for me

1 - 20 of 27 Posts