MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm toying with buying a lightweight, performance battery, what are people's thoughts on them and are there any brands that people use/can recommend?!
cheers guys!

·
Dead One
2,726 Posts
Why would you bother? How much more performance would you expect and how much performance wound you sacrifice?
A performance battery is smaller and can be turned on it's side because it uses a different cell technology to a standard battery.
To do this it sacrifices some of the benefits of a normal battery. It has a reduced peak power, has a reduced constant power. It nay need replacing if fully discharged and is best put on trickle charge if your car is going to be left standing for a few weeks. And they're expensive, and they need special brackets.

·
Bugger
25,333 Posts
normal battery is in the best place and dosent cause hassle, dont go chopping the tray out when you dont need too

·
Registered
673 Posts
Bhozar runs one in his car and has done for well over a year now and uses the car day to day

When I spoke to him about it he said he's never had any issues with it. In fact he said he left the car for a couple of months over winter and didnt move it. Jumped in and it started first time

Its worth dropping him a PM, if hes not on here he is on yam

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,527 Posts
well, I don't think you need to take weight out of the rear end of the MINI unless you're at the strip - it's pretty front heavy, so you may as well leave stick with the stock battery and spend your money on something else

·
Registered
3,762 Posts

·
In the name of Fun
5,985 Posts
I have a carbon braille one but for track use it serves its purpose - I wouldn't bother on a road car

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have a carbon braille one but for track use it serves its purpose - I wouldn't bother on a road car
I'm on my 3rd braille battery. Darn thing is dead 2 out of 3 times I go to start the car. Jan will attest, thing dies while writing software to it on the dyno. I'm now to the point where I keep a spare.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Gravedigging...

Want to put my battery on the back of the car(it's a One not an S), and in order to avoid reducing the luggage compartment i was thinking about putting a battery that used the space of the emergency tools etc.

I use my car daily and i have a stock radio(dont want to upgrade)....

So what would be the best battery in my case?

·
BRG R53 Cooper S
2,617 Posts
I'm sure minicrafts r53 has a race battery behind the interior rear quarter panel. Might be worth dropping them a pm for details

1 - 17 of 17 Posts