MiniTorque.com banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #65
Hi Liggy, how are you finding those Bilstein B4's?
Much better than stock, but 3 of mine were original so anything would have been an improvement! Its a bit bouncy at times on undulating bumps in the road, so the rebound isn't great but I have put lowering springs on OEM replacement dampers so I can't expect miracles! The ride and handling otherwise its far better and quieter.

Registered
Much better than stock, but 3 of mine were original so anything would have been an improvement! Its a bit bouncy at times on undulating bumps in the road, so the rebound isn't great but I have put lowering springs on OEM replacement dampers so I can't expect miracles! The ride and handling otherwise its far better and quieter.
I went for B4 with H&R springs (imagine it's identical to Eibach). I'd agree, much better than standard, less crashy and more planted in the corners. Can't comment for track, but as a daily/ faster road driving it's a great set up for the money.

Registered
Discussion Starter #67
I got some Sparco R100's on the recent eBay 20% off deal. I've used the Powerful UK plates, had to file one of the bolt holes to get them lined up but they are good otherwise:

20210402_172355.jpg

Because I'm an idiot I managed to wedge one of the seat rail bolts in the release mechanism on the drivers side and damage it so I've had to order a spare rail, only the passenger side is fitted atm:

20210403_095323.jpg

I used some eBay special resistors for the side airbags and just cut the connector left on the original seats and crimped it together:

20210406_115038.jpg

Is nice and neat under the seat but reversible if required.

Hopefully my spare rail turns up this week and I can take it out for a blast, it feels good sat in the passenger seat although the lack of lumbar support is quite apparent when stationary so I may need a cushion :rolleyes:

61 - 67 of 67 Posts