MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 626 Posts

·
JCW R53
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lex's Dark Silver R53 JCW - New Wheel Pics Page 6

Just realised that I've had my R53 JCW for a year now & haven't started a 'Project' thread yet as she's changed abit since I first bought her. I'll start off with pics of what it looked like at first and then some pics of her as she's been changed over the last year.

She's a 52 plate R53 MCS JCW and I bought her in Feb 2009 for Sytner Mini in Essex with just 24,000 miles on the clock.

This is what she looked like when I first bought her:

·
JCW R53
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The previous owner had already bought many JCW optional extras like the leather seats, brakes, R95 rims, strut brace and the 210bhp engine upgrade so made a great base model to start making some changes.

First things to be changed was the headunit for an new Alpine model which made a big difference to the sounds and the interior chromeline kit:

My initial modifying route was cosmetic changes so next on the list was to replace some of the OE parts with JCW carbon fibre parts:

·
JCW R53
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next was a case of de-yolking the front indicators and ice white leds to match the Xenon's:

Then around April time I decided I was going to start to de-chrome the exterior and also add some more carbon fibre touches. I also got heavily into my detailing and invested in quite a few of the Dodo Juice range of products:

De-chromed the beltline myself with the help of a mate:

Alta stubby aerial:

De-chromed the standard rear lights:

Genuine JCW carbon fibre wing mirrors:

·
JCW R53
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Genuine JCW carbon fibre dash which again I fitted myself (carefully as didn't want to blow my head off!! lol) as I wanted to do as much replacing parts myself as I could:

The weave on the dash is amazing, love how it looks in the sunlight:

Exterior shots once done:

More to follow......

·
JCW R53
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love your car and its always so bloody clean too !
Cheers Mark, really appreciated mate :thumbup1:

This thread needs updating... loads of changes have gone on since those pics..... :D
Dont worry Dave I'll get some more pics up of the progress over the past year... didn't get a chance the last 2 nights due to the GF coming out of hospital.... but I will have a go again tonight. There are so many pics to go through & I'm trying to get them in the right order lol

·
JCW R53
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was only when I was looking over some pics of my JCW when I bought her that I realised that so much has changed over the last year!!! Can't wait for just over a weeks time when the next BIG change goes on!!! ;) :cools:

·
Premium Member
16,481 Posts
Dont worry Dave I'll get some more pics up of the progress over the past year... didn't get a chance the last 2 nights due to the GF coming out of hospital.... but I will have a go again tonight. There are so many pics to go through & I'm trying to get them in the right order lol

No rush dude - ;)

Just saying that there are loads of mods gone on since those pics were taken :thumbup1:

·
JCW R53
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To carry on the list of mods that I've done in the past year the roof graphics that I had when I bought her had got ruined by the rain & snow so were in need of replacing. A trip to Phil at Mini Pirate was next on my list so had the crappy old ones removed for a Black Jack graphic which looks so much better as it goes all the way to the edge of the roof unlike the BMW ones.
Must say Phil did a top top job and well impressed with it :D

Crap!! lol

Off with the old:

On with the new:

The finished roof:

·
JCW R53
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To go with the new roof graphic I went for some more carbon fibre, this time in the form of an aero style carbon fibre roof spoiler from Leo at Vecchio Engineering.... very nice bit of kit!

·
JCW R53
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Now that the inside & outside was taking shape it was time to get some more performance type mods started:

Replaced the old dead fly & leaf covered JCW air filter with an ITG filter:

Removed the flap inside the JCW air box as it would be rude not to!! lol

Next on the list was a Milltek 4-1 manifold with sports cat for abit more horses, got it off a guy on here who was breaking his Mini seeing as it had been written off in a crash:

Got it fitted by a local mechanic near to where I live for £40 was a right result seeing as a bigger local named firm wanted £150 to fit!!! :w00t:

Sounds so much better now and cant help flooring it now! lol

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Lex206/Mini/?action=view&current=P1010844.flv

·
JCW R53
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Better cornering was the next job to be done so after a visit to AMD in Essex I ordered a set of AP coilovers and got a great deal as it was free fitting and free laser alignment too!!!

She handles so much better now and is so much more responsive.... had her dropped 35mm all round so NO massive wheel gap and gives a wicked stance, I've been told that the rear camber looks really good when driving:

This is how she is sitting now:

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
On a side note, how do your rear indicators show/work? They not red? Tried the red film on mine but couldn't get the indicators to shine orange

1 - 20 of 626 Posts